Sponsored

Windshield Protection Film

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I've heard a couple of brands people use on YouTube. I'm looking for something I can order online and install myself. My guess is since the windshield is flat it'll be an easy job. Does anyone have a source for this sort of thing? Would hate to get a chip in this beautiful piece of glass.
Sponsored

BK_Hanfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - Hydro Blue, MT
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard a couple of brands people use on YouTube. I'm looking for something I can order online and install myself. My guess is since the windshield is flat it'll be an easy job. Does anyone have a source for this sort of thing? Would hate to get a chip in this beautiful piece of glass.
Not sure if your still looking. I purchased the Clear View film. It can be ordered from the internet. Figured I'd try it. My install wasn't the best - first time I've tried it. It's good enough for now, I'll mess with it again next summer. With a 4'x5' piece, I get 2 tries.

http://www.clearviewprotects.com/48-x-5-windshield-protection-film/

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

BK_Hanfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How does this stand up to scrapping for ice and snow removal?
Not sure, first time for me having it on a windshield much less anything. I haven't a good test of it yet. Snow is in the forecast this next week, not sure about ice. I haven't noticed any thrown rocks while driving.
I did see where someone mentioned doubling up the layers. There is one product that comes that way. Once the top layer is scratched up, it's peeled off, leaving another layer. I forget how many layers there are or how thick it is initially. It didn't have a price posted so I figured I couldn't afford it.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Thanks. I'll be interested to hear what your thoughts are after a storm or a heavy frost.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
$145 jez. I'll let mine get broke and use my glass deductible if I need.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
My local tint shop said they will install if the customer insist but there is no warranty because they have seen too many issues with it and the manufacturer is hard to deal with regarding warranty issues. Good luck.

BK_Hanfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My local tint shop said they will install if the customer insist but there is no warranty because they have seen too many issues with it and the manufacturer is hard to deal with regarding warranty issues. Good luck.
Any word on what the issues are?
Sponsored