First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
Got a decent crack in my windshield this past weekend. Just wondering if it is worth it, when I have to replace it, to go with the Gorilla Glass?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AkBooman

AkBooman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
Will your insurance cover it?
My insurance will cover a regular windshield. Iā€™ve priced them around town and it isnā€™t that much more for the Gorilla Glass. Just wondering if it is worth the cost.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Debating the same thing. Is it worth the cost of gorilla glass? Is it any better? I've read post where people have had theirs crack for no apparent reason.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Got a decent crack in my windshield this past weekend. Just wondering if it is worth it, when I have to replace it, to go with the Gorilla Glass?
Good luck finding a GG replacement, couldnā€™t get any through Safelite, honestly itā€™s not been any better than non GG tbh

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Debating the same thing. Is it worth the cost of gorilla glass? Is it any better? I've read post where people have had theirs crack for no apparent reason.
Itā€™s no better at all, mine cracked within a month of ownership

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
My insurance will cover a regular windshield. Iā€™ve priced them around town and it isnā€™t that much more for the Gorilla Glass. Just wondering if it is worth the cost.
I was just remembering JK GG windshields were close to $800 last time I needed one and I paid cash to Safelight and got a conventional installed for $200. If the cost difference has fallen that much, definitely get the GG. Good luck.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Had 3 cracks (the 1st two didn't interfere with the driver's side view) in 5 months with conventional windshield (became too familiar with the sound and location that would crack a windshield).

Replaced it with Mopar Gorilla Glass, which survived 3'ish cringeworthy hits without cracking and then one large one after 1 year that finally got it. As an FYI, it is nearly impossible to get a dealership to honor the warranty so don't count on that while making your decision.

Just replaced it with HGP gorilla glass ... supposedly they honor their warranty (from a single online comment). Can't speak to it's strength yet ... there is a discount code for $50 off buried in a Lite Brite video (can't remember it right now ... it's something like LiteBrite50) ... For what it's worth, my installer said that it fit better than most Mopar replacements.

Things that will vary for each of us that will make your decision
1) Insurance coverage
2)Tolerance (or lack thereof) for having to get your windshield replaced more or less frequently

I personally won't do the Mopar Gorilla Glass again because few things upset me more than dishonesty (e.g. having a warranty and then not honoring it)

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Someone in a forum (here or JL) said that their insurance company would cover GG just like regular glass since it is now an OEM option. May look into that?

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy
I would personally not pay extra for it. Mine cracked like 3 months after I got the truck. I have a new windshield but I felt the whole thing seemed unnecessary, that I never took a hit that would break glass, and that if it was the defroster they shouldnā€˜t put defrosters in Gladiators or Wranglers.

I thought it would make the windshield tougherā€¦ it didnā€™t.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I wanna know why, of all vehicles, ours and Wranlglers don't have heated windshield wiper parking areas. I don't necessarily want the blades heated, but a heating element on the glass like some other vehicles.

Also, I know there are tearoffs that some people get on their windshields, dunno if that's worth a look.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Did you look through all of the other threads on gorilla glass?

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Man good luck finding one, I have been waiting for over a month now for mine to show up.

edit: just wanted to throw out there that they said something about adaptive cruise control through gorilla glass was a brand new feature and thatā€™s why itā€™s backordered, donā€™t know how true that is.

double edit: Found one! Itā€™s going in next week!
Sponsored

Last edited: