Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I bought it used and no manual to look up, Thanks for the info
Just FYI, you should be able to access the manual on your center console display. At least I can on my Rubi with 8.4" display. Yeah, bit of a pain to read, but can prove handy to use sometimes.
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
If you have the Aux switches installed by the factory, there should also be a plastic bag in the glove box containing an assortment of uninsulated butt splices and heat shrink tubing to use when wiring up your accessories.

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
so I am planning on installing the aux switches here soon... has anyone added battery and ignition fused leads to simulate the factory install options? are they separate fuses, or is there a place in the fuse box to attach to?

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
So is the general consensus that you cannot add the switches later then?

Quadratec says you can add later and just need it programmed.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Your supposed to Hooke them up to all your over priced lights.
I wired my air compressor to one. Might look about adding relays and making 2 of them and in/out switch for my winch.

Sponsored

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
So is the general consensus that you cannot add the switches later then?

Quadratec says you can add later and just need it programmed.
you can add the switches later, but it has proven challenging for people. You do not get the hot battery/ignition wires in the cab however.

you will need the switches flashed to work... you can do it at a dealer, or you can buy the Tazer and do it yourself (with other added bonuses)

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Ok, hen quadratec is wrong.

They are saying you can plug and play, and need a program to get it operational.

I would really like a definitive on this.

you can add the switches later, but it has proven challenging for people. You do not get the hot battery/ignition wires in the cab however.

you will need the switches flashed to work... you can do it at a dealer, or you can buy the Tazer and do it yourself (with other added bonuses)

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
Ok, hen quadratec is wrong.

They are saying you can plug and play, and need a program to get it operational.

I would really like a definitive on this.
sorry If I made it more difficult. Quadratec is right, you can install yourself... but it is not apparently an easy install (I will be attempting this weekend)

After you install, you do need a program to get it operational. you can go to a dealer and they will flash the firmware on your Gladiator to activate the aux switches... It seems they charge ~$300 for this (ymmv). The other option is to buy a Tazer from Quadratec. This Tazer will allow you to activate the aux switches yourself. And it costs ~$300.

The benefit of the Tazer is you get other functionality as well. (permanently turn off ESS, change tire ratio, etc)

Edit: there is a difference between factory install and OEM... if you got it factory installed, you get 2 extra wires, a hot battery & ignition wire inside the cab not connected to aux wires. these 2 wires do not come with the OEM version.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
What are those two wires? power tap or some kind of signal wires?

anybody know what those wires are rated at?

sorry If I made it more difficult. Quadratec is right, you can install yourself... but it is not apparently an easy install (I will be attempting this weekend)

After you install, you do need a program to get it operational. you can go to a dealer and they will flash the firmware on your Gladiator to activate the aux switches... It seems they charge ~$300 for this (ymmv). The other option is to buy a Tazer from Quadratec. This Tazer will allow you to activate the aux switches yourself. And it costs ~$300.

The benefit of the Tazer is you get other functionality as well. (permanently turn off ESS, change tire ratio, etc)

Edit: there is a difference between factory install and OEM... if you got it factory installed, you get 2 extra wires, a hot battery & ignition wire inside the cab not connected to aux wires. these 2 wires do not come with the OEM version.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech

Sponsored

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
What are those two wires? power tap or some kind of signal wires?

anybody know what those wires are rated at?
The two factory installed with the Aux Switch option.... see table below.
You could also change the fuse if you wanted...

Jeep Gladiator Wires hanging down under glove box? auxswitches

Cheers!

Reactions: d k

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
awesome
The two factory installed with the Aux Switch option.... see table below.
You could also change the fuse if you wanted...

Jeep Gladiator Wires hanging down under glove box? auxswitches

Cheers!
Awesome, thanks. For anyone that has the factory installed aux switches, are those in-line fuses, or are they in the fuse box? I am going to try and install a couple of extra wires while I do an install of the switches, so just curious how it is all wired

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
awesome

Awesome, thanks. For anyone that has the factory installed aux switches, are those in-line fuses, or are they in the fuse box? I am going to try and install a couple of extra wires while I do an install of the switches, so just curious how it is all wired
They are in the fuse box for the factory installed switches. Would be cleaner to use the fuse box if you are installing yourself.

Battery (constant power) is F72 in the fuse box with 10 amp
Ignition (tied to accessory / run ) is F50 in the fuse box with 10 amp

Cheers!

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
They are in the fuse box for the factory installed switches. Would be cleaner to use the fuse box if you are installing yourself.

Battery (constant power) is F72 in the fuse box with 10 amp
Ignition (tied to accessory / run ) is F50 in the fuse box with 10 amp

Cheers!
Thanks! 1 more question... My aux switches are coming this week, so not sure what size the wires are...I am assuming those are only 18 or 16 gage for battery/ignition since they are 10 amp? I guess I could install 12 or 10 gage if I want to put a different fuse on it...

any concerns on that? maybe just threading the wires through the firewall if they are thicker could be an issue.

thanks again!

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Thanks! 1 more question... My aux switches are coming this week, so not sure what size the wires are...I am assuming those are only 18 or 16 gage for battery/ignition since they are 10 amp? I guess I could install 12 or 10 gage if I want to put a different fuse on it...

any concerns on that? maybe just threading the wires through the firewall if they are thicker could be an issue.

thanks again!
Couple of things. Keep in mind the Mopar Aux Switches if added on after the factory do not come with the battery/ignition wiring included. But, I would add them on for sure. If you are already having to go to the fuse box to add the other wiring just as esay to add those as well. It's great to have access to them in the cabin. I've all ready tapped into mine for a Dash Cam.

I havent gone thru the firewall on the passenger side so not sure what the grommet / access point may be like. I would expect there should be a bit of extra room where mopar expects you feed the wire bundle thru.
I always use a wire worm / fish stick to feed wire. They are well worth the price of admission and it has saved me many times.. and my sanity.

Since the alternator usually pumps out 13.8 volts this guide is a great quick reference for the gauge of wire required.

Amps are down the left side at 13.8 volts and length of wire across the top.. depending on what your are wiring.. the 10 - 12 gauge looks like a sweet spot.

Cheers!

Jeep Gladiator Wires hanging down under glove box? Image
Sponsored