First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I think you will find that unless you DIY a bunch of it, most of what you find will run that much.

Check out Nuthouse Industries. You can get their Expedition Hard Deck and Rack for $5300:
https://nuthouseindustries.com/shop...ladiator-hard-deck-expedition-truck-bed-rack/
And their Expedition Truck Bed Tray Pullout for $2000:
https://nuthouseindustries.com/shop/pull-out-slides/expedition-bed-tray-pullout/
And then they have the drawer system (same link as Tray Pullout) which is fairly customizable for another $2-$4K.
And then you need the RTT which will likely run you anywhere from $1-$4K. So now you are back to the price of the Talus.

If I was doing it all over again I would probably go with something like Talus or Nuthouse as it would all be "integrated". As it stands I had already invested in an RTT and Trail Kitchen setup for my JKU Wrangler and am moving it into the Gladiator. When I look at my Frankenbuild it still works out to ~$12K:
AluCab Gladiator Expedition Canopy - $4K
Cargo Glide - $1K
Overland Trail Kitchen - $3K
James Baroud RTT - $4K

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Jesus...hell no.

GFC is a rack with an RTT made for offroading and covered sides that open up a la cabana style. Will run $6,500.

Decked drawer system: $1,150.00

Renogy Solar Panels + Goal Zero Yeti 1000: $1,300.

That is less than $9000 and you have everything but the sink. You can make a pressurized sink system for less than $200

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
My choice is the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper. I can still use the bed for haulage(plywood) and load it for the camp. Roughly 10K without add-ons. Your needs may be different.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That's pretty cool. As for the price, consider how much you might pay for a quality trailer. Yes, there are trailers that cost around this much, and this might include similarly priced components. Or maybe they opted for top-of-the-line parts. Without knowing that, it's difficult to judge whether the pricing is fair.

Sometimes those top-of-the-line parts are only so for superficial reasons. And sometimes not. Some folks balk at paying $400 for a Cook Partner stove when a $50 Coleman will get their dinner cooked. Others appreciate the better materials used in the construction, the easier clean-up, the added durability, and the increased capability (compare the BTUs of the two).

One other factor is weight. Sometimes that better quality comes with a weight penalty. But, if a company chooses to focus on keeping weight down, they can offer a better solution than homemade (especially compared to wooden structures) and their competitors. Weight savings can cost money in terms of construction materials and methods.

Anyway, I like this product. But would look closely at the points I've just highlighted were I to seriously consider a purchase.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this today on yahoo news (article below) and thought it was a good idea for overlanding without having to being a trailer. For those with experience what would be your opinion.

https://www.talusgear.com/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/13-750-camper-box-comes-122300947.html
That thing looks amazing, but as someone who uses an off road roof top tent trailer for this, I truly love the trailer far more. It’s main huge advantage is that you can leave your camp setup when you hit the trails with the Jeep, or just go to town for supplies. Not only are you not setting up every night, but you’re never wondering if your chosen area will have spots. Not for everyone, but my opinion after doing it for a while.

078B6AC5-47BB-4F38-B9AE-C5B645209BA0.jpeg

2BABF167-011D-4698-BF02-23FC9AC8DBEA.jpeg
Sponsored