Sponsored

Would you buy a base gladiator if you couldnt do any mods?

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Just curious how many people would still buy the base gladiator if you didnt have any additional funds to mod anything, you would have to drive it stock. I dont mean the rubicon or majave either lol. Base, i will let you have power door lock, windows and ac though. I personally would not buy it. I wonder how many would agree?
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I was in that situation when I bought my 1st new vehicle ever. A JK 2 door sport. The only thing I could afford to put on it was the hard top and A/C. No power locks or windows. Nothing. I was able to save up over a years time to put a small Teraflex lift on it. After another 6 months a winch. After that I seen that the Gladiator was coming out so I stop building my Jk and saved up everything I could to get one. Worked out where I could afford a Rubicon this time.

So heck yes I would roll in a stock Gladiator if that’s what I had to do to roll in one.

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, let me clarify the question. You have to buy a base and no mods allowed. That's the only option till the wheels fall off. So basically, I'm asking how many people would still buy it?

Sponsored

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went to the jeep website and they have an option for a 1941 hood decal for $245. Lol, you can add that option if you want to🤣

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
I bought a bone stock TJ Sport (used) and drove it a few years like that before doing anything at all to it. Still have it and still drive it 16 years later but it does have a 2 inch lift and 33s now.

Point being, it was a very capable vehicle "Right out of the box" as is the JT. I wouldn't hesitate to drive a base model if that's what I could afford.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, let me clarify the question. You have to buy a base and no mods allowed. That's the only option till the wheels fall off. So basically, I'm asking how many people would still buy it?
Depends entirely on my needs, my choices, and financial situation at the time of purchase. My first new truck was an extended cab F150 with a bench seat, manual transmission, power windows and door locks, AC and cassette player. My second truck was the same with better seats. The third one had an automatic transmission. Since then, each truck has been better equipped.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The way you frame the parameters, that is probably a 1% or less market right there. Given that base sports are rare as hens teeth in most dealer lots, that is probably a self correcting thing.

I could not imagine a customer that would not want to mod unless they are just a hen pecked beta male or just only see their Gladiator as just point A to point B transportation and in that case, Gladiator is a piss poor buy to begin with.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sal's Dad

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The way you frame the parameters, that is probably a 1% or less market right there. Given that base sports are rare as hens teeth in most dealer lots, that is probably a self correcting thing.
Rare indeed. I had to special order, and wait 9 weeks for a base model. Options were: green paint, trailer hitch, limited slip, and floor mats.

Now I am adding running boards (mahogany) and wood half-doors.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Not if I had a choice. I bought a fully equipped Overland that I could drive without changing and be happy with.
I bought my overland equipped the same way… I still changed things lol.

Reactions: DHP

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I realize I am rare for Jeep owners, but I am not into mods and happy with a fairly basic set up.
I looked at true base models but I did want automatic, power windows and locks so as a minimum Sport S was a requirement.

I am very happy with the 80th anniversary package on my JT.
It doesn't even have any other options beyond the package.
No mods are planned.

My JL is also a basic sport S with automatic and hard top as its only options.
I did put on Rubicon take off wheels/tires as the HT minivan tires are a bit limiting in the sand, had it come with similar ATs to my Gladiator it would be left as bought too.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Sure I would still buy even if I couldn’t upgrade it at all till the wheeled fell off. That would not take long as I bashed and crawled my way through the Rubicon trail and all the black trails I could find:CWL::rock:
Sponsored

Last edited: