Sponsored

Would you pay monthly for your heated seats to work?

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Alabama... We don't need heated seats around here. But if we did, no way in hell would I pay monthly to use it, after I paid for the option to be installed from the factory.

This is why the government needs to be dismantled and rebuilt to a minimum-function entity that is truly ran BY the people, OF the people, and FOR the people...You know, the novel concept of what it was INTENDED to be by our Founding Fathers.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's already here. We will have to pay monthly for some of the Uconnect features to continue working won't we?
It's a terrible idea for the consumer, but great $$$ for the manufacturer. I hate the whole fee based society we seem to be heading toward. It stinks.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
BMW is trying to make it look like a cost saving factor, if you don’t need heated seats all year, don’t pay for that. If you don’t drive at night in the summer don’t pay for auto headlights, haha.

If someone can’t afford a BMW with full time heated seats and full time auto headlights, they should probably think twice before buying the car banking on the savings from those headlights only activated in Oct-Feb.

Sponsored

Froggy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Audio Director
So even features like adaptive cruise stop working because your service expires? Hopefully you don't realize your service expired because you're slamming into the car in front of you :)

Last edited:

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I installed the Insane Audio JL3001 radio in my JT. I can verify that the heated seats continued to work WITHOUT the Uconnect radio.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
... no way in hell would I pay monthly to use it, after I paid for the option to be installed from the factory.
Really no different from paying a monthly lease for all of the features on the vehicle.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
What? No. Not the same at all.

It blows my mind how many Just don’t understand leasing at all.
My wife and I leased a Buick. Once. Never again. Have never had even a car payment since. Except when I bought my Ram with a $1000 incentive to finance it. Paid it off on the first payment.

I prefer that I hold the title rather than allow the finance company to do so.

Last edited:

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Ok that’s just bush league. It’s one thing to charge a monthly for a service like satellite radio. It’s another thing to disable physical/mechanical things that are built into the vehicle. What next are they going to lock my trunk unless I pay for that option. Don’t get me started...

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok that’s just bush league. It’s one thing to charge a monthly for a service like satellite radio. It’s another thing to disable physical/mechanical things that are built into the vehicle. What next are they going to lock my trunk unless I pay for that option. Don’t get me started...
What's the difference? Miss a couple of monthly payments and you'll wish they only locked your trunk. I am being pretty facetious, but if you think about it...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I leased a Buick. Once. Never again. Have never had even a car payment since. Except when I bought my Ram with a $1000 incentive to finance it. Paid it off on the first payment.

I prefer that I hold the title rather than the finance company.
Don't we all... But not everyone can afford to buy a $50K+ vehicle in a lump-sum. I had to lease mine just to make the payment affordable and within budget, and then once it's done, I'll still be taking out a purchase loan for the residual. I used to make ok money years ago, back when I bought most of my toys, but I don't anymore, so I can't afford things like I used to. Plus, real life seems to get in the way a lot more as I get older, and priorities change.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
What's the difference? Miss a couple of monthly payments and you'll wish they only locked your trunk. I am being pretty facetious, but if you think about it...
Ok how about they put V12’s in everything and you can just pay for the cylinders you want to use...

After all that should help them streamline motor manufacturing.
Sponsored