Would you trade your JLU for a JT

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi I have a JLU but to be honest i tow a lot and i always had full size Pick ups before i bought my 2018 Rubicon. I do like to go offroading but i am not hardcore i do a lot of camping and have been thinking about getting a JT with the diesel to pull my travel trailer and other things alittle better then the JLU. So my question is would you trade your JLU for a JT

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG
Sponsored

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I would trade in a heartbeat!!

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Please let me know if you are happy with it down in a few weeks.
I've never had a vehicle that long. I've been driving an F350 T-Tag dump truck for work for about 25 years and this is longer but narrower. Probably what I won't like is parallel parking lol. Other than that I'm much more stoked than when I got the JLU. I already have it loaded up with stuff I need to take to the dump. It has cold weather group, proximity entry and aux switches and the Falken MT which I thought I wouldn't like but they're pretty sweet. I may get some 295/70R17 white letter tires down the road and bed liner but in the interim I'm going to get a horse stall mat. I also ordered a Chevy Colorado tonneau cover which from what I read on here will work, and for $149 you can't beat that.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
No,

I kept my JLUR and got rid of my wife’s BMW M4 and replaced it with a JT LE.

Now I have the best of both worlds!!!
I did the same(kinda). I had a JLUR and went to a Rubicon Gladiator. My wife ended up selling her Sport and Taking over my Rubicon. We considered a larger SUV(We have 4 boys) but once a Jeep family, always a Jeep family.

I'm really happy with how the Gladiator drives. I do like rock crawling so if we go on a trip we will take both Jeeps and most likely spend most of the time "playing" in hers.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
If you need a truck, you need a truck. You can do 99% of what your Wrangler can do off-road with a JT.
I would take your nice wheels/tires + the bumper off your JL and put them on a Gladiator with a modest lift, then Rock-n-Roll.
<Your Results May Vary>

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Getting ready to order a Gladiator when I find a reasonable local price and 100% sure on the options I am willing to pay extra for. Then I will put my JLUR up for sale after removal of installed mods .

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t. That’s why I kept my JKUR and the JTR.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I did and never looked back!

The JT does 99% of what my JLU did off road, but on road it's ten times more practical and useful. Nearly double the payload. Over double the towing. Room to haul larger items finally. Better ride quality. Every single thing about this truck is better.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
We had a JKUR and traded it for a Grand Cherokee because the GC had more room for family road trips. We traded our GC for the JT because it has more room for family road trips + better capability off road + better utility for around the house + better performance + easier to park in the garage (it is thinner) + it is cooler...the list can go on and on...

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I did. This is my 8th Jeep. Frankly, part of it was wanting a pickup, something new, and ego.

There are a million JLU and JKU's in Central FL . If this is not the number one selling Jeep area...I would love to see what is.

It was just time for something new to play with.

No regrets (Well...except for losing a couple of grand on the quick trade).

OP
OP
rs680

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I sure am liking the feed back i just do not know if i should wait till spring and maybe diesel will be out or just do it now.
Sponsored