First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ram 1500 bts, vw beetle, 1946 studebaker m5
Occupation
Occupational therapist / oncology CLT
I have never written reviews for anything I have purchased in the past. I have never had a good experience with dealerships. My last purchase took three tries to purchase a Ram 1500. Each try I set something up with a salesman to come and purchase something I saw online and they were in the process of selling it as I arrived. When I heard about Gupton Motors and their pricing for a Gladiator I thought something doesn’t sound right. After research, talking to Daniel, and comparing what my local dealers offered I decided to take a chance. What was the worse thing that could happen right. The local dealers I talked to would be right and I would be stuck out of state hitching a ride back to the airport and out my deposit. Well.…..several emails in I became more confident in what I had decided. Then a little over two months later I received an email that my jeep had arrived. Next thing i knew I was on a plane with my son to pick up our Jeep. I still cannot believe they picked us up at the airport. My flight was early and we were going to wait for someone else to arrive on a later flight so they did not have to make another trip. Well they picked us up early. Can’t thank Maynor enough for getting us early. Thank you sir. Once we got to the dealership I could not believe the size of the lot and how many Jeeps were there. They cram them in for sure. All were sold. We rolled in and our Gecho Green Gladiator was waiting out front. WOW. The experience was exactly as everyone says. I know everyone has their own experience good or bad. But happy to say my son and I had a great experience. I had a wait before they could get to us because even at eight/nine in the morning they had a line. I didn‘t mind the wait. They handed the keys and said take it for a drive while you wait. Everything was what they said it would be. All pricing was what we agreed on and financing was good. Ended up with the same payment I would have had even if I got my own financing. From start to finish I have no complaints with my experience with Gupton. I would buy again. Thank you everyone here for all of the information about Gupton. I hope everyone else has the same.
Sponsored

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I think these forums are both the best and worse things for dealerships, best for the good ones and worse for the bad ones.

I'm having a similar experience with Mall of Ga Jeep, although I won't pick mine up until next week. These few dealerships know we're talking about them online and they are paying attention. It shows how good the good ones are.

I still can't fathom flying to get a brand new vehicle (maybe a rare classic), but I was really considering the 8 hr drive to Guptons, then I started figureing things in (whole dale off work vs a half, hotel stay, 600 miles of gas vs 30) and the extra 1% was basically gone. I will say we're fortunate here in the south to have Mall of GA, Guptons, and Tricity all this close.

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
....Everything was what they said it would be. All pricing was what we agreed on and financing was good. Ended up with the same payment I would have had even if I got my own financing. From start to finish I have no complaints with my experience with Gupton. I would buy again. .....
Thank you for another positive review. I am 6.5 hours away and was a bit concerned about ordering, but many reviews like yours sure make it easier. I am just starting the correspondence with them about ordering a new Mojave.

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I had a similar experience at Dave Smith in Idaho. Just got my Rubicon Gladiator this was my second purchase from them this year.

GwJeep

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Have you been able to get Mall of GA to work with you for the same 6% below invoice on a new order like Gupton will do? If so, do you have a contact there? I'm only about 20 minutes away from Mall of GA, and was getting ready to order from Gupton.

I think these forums are both the best and worse things for dealerships, best for the good ones and worse for the bad ones.

I'm having a similar experience with Mall of Ga Jeep, although I won't pick mine up until next week. These few dealerships know we're talking about them online and they are paying attention. It shows how good the good ones are.

I still can't fathom flying to get a brand new vehicle (maybe a rare classic), but I was really considering the 8 hr drive to Guptons, then I started figureing things in (whole dale off work vs a half, hotel stay, 600 miles of gas vs 30) and the extra 1% was basically gone. I will say we're fortunate here in the south to have Mall of GA, Guptons, and Tricity all this close.

Sponsored

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Have you been able to get Mall of GA to work with you for the same 6% below invoice on a new order like Gupton will do? If so, do you have a contact there? I'm only about 20 minutes away from Mall of GA, and was getting ready to order from Gupton.
Pretty close. Guptons does 6% off + 1% for financing + 1% tread lightly. Mall of GA does 5% off +1%+1%.

for my gladiator the 1% difference was only $420, but for me it would have cost me a $200 hotel room plus probably $100 in gas and losing a whole day and having a close dealer that I bought the Jeep from wasn’t worth the extra discount.
Mike is the internet manager there and the guy to work with, mclinnin“at”yourdodge”dot”com

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport - hydroblue / 2021 JT on order
Pretty close. Guptons does 6% off + 1% for financing + 1% tread lightly. Mall of GA does 5% off +1%+1%.

for my gladiator the 1% difference was only $420, but for me it would have cost me a $200 hotel room plus probably $100 in gas and losing a whole day and having a close dealer that I bought the Jeep from wasn’t worth the extra discount.
Mike is the internet manager there and the guy to work with, mclinnin“at”yourdodge”dot”com
After 11 weeks, I just completed my Wrangler delivery at Mall of GA and Mike Clinnin this past weekend and it was on par! While I was disappointed losing the 1% for affiliate pricing (wrangler removed from program) I still got an awesome deal. I forewent the road trip to Gupton, and yes I could have saved more but keeping the business in GA and local made my decision and I can't say I have any regrets. And now we wait on the Gladiator to get on a train so we can do it again in a couple weeks! Good luck!

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Yeah they were great! Picked us up at our hotel in Nashville and we’re nice enough to stop at a Chase bank because I forgot to bring my checks for the down payment. In and out in 45 minutes, I was so happy with the process.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Gupton Jeep are worth it.

Sponsored

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
While I was disappointed losing the 1% for affiliate pricing (wrangler removed from program) I still got an awesome deal.
Did you already have your control number generated? If so I am surprised and would have been disappointed they didn't honor. This Atlanta dealer is getting a lot of chatter today and I'm excited for it, but I'd view them not honoring the affiliate 1% as a point against them.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Prior to this most recent shortage, I wouldn't have bothered to go from greater Boston to TN to pick up a Jeep. There is a Jeep dealer local Brigham-Gill that has a no haggle policy and their pricing is excellent. Three months ago their price on what I wanted was within $1000 of Gupton. So it wasn't worth the effort.

Now, they are selling at MSRP. I spoke with one of the sales guys and he said that everything sells either before it is delivered or shortly after. So there is no reason to discount. And he's right. There's nothing wrong with what they are doing.

So now the price differential between Gupton and Brigham-Gill is just a hair under

$5600!!!!
(I've corrected this from $7000. I screwed up. Its still a lot of money)

I'd drive home from LA for that kind of money.

Last edited:

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Prior to this most recent shortage, I wouldn't have bothered to go from greater Boston to TN to pick up a Jeep. There is a Jeep dealer local Brigham-Gill that has a no haggle policy and their pricing is excellent. Three months ago their price on what I wanted was within $1000 of Gupton. So it wasn't worth the effort.

Now, they are selling at MSRP. I spoke with one of the sales guys and he said that everything sells either before it is delivered or shortly after. So there is no reason to discount. And he's right. There's nothing wrong with what they are doing.

So now the price differential between Gupton and Brigham-Gill is just a hair under

$7000!!!!

I'd drive home from LA for that kind of money.
I know what you mean, I live in Atlanta so we have easily 6-7 dealerships within about an hour and a half drive of here. I'm just lucky that one of good dealerships is included in that 6-7. I can literally walk to the closest one, but they have the same no haggle "it is what it is" policy.

My Jeep is at the rail yard and hopefully will be to the dealership by this weekend so I can go get it. I've already sent a copy of my paperwork to the dealership and they're prepping everything before I get there.

I hope everyone remembers who was providing the good customer service during the pandemic. I'll happily pass these other dealerships to get to one of the good ones, even when/if things get back to "normal"

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know what you mean, I live in Atlanta so we have easily 6-7 dealerships within about an hour and a half drive of here. I'm just lucky that one of good dealerships is included in that 6-7. I can literally walk to the closest one, but they have the same no haggle "it is what it is" policy.

My Jeep is at the rail yard and hopefully will be to the dealership by this weekend so I can go get it. I've already sent a copy of my paperwork to the dealership and they're prepping everything before I get there.

I hope everyone remembers who was providing the good customer service during the pandemic. I'll happily pass these other dealerships to get to one of the good ones, even when/if things get back to "normal"
At what point in the process did you do a credit app with Gupton?

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
At what point in the process did you do a credit app with Gupton?
I didn't use Gupton, I used Mall of GA Jeep. They originally quoted the extra 1% for financing through them knowing that I'd shop around when the time got closer. When the Jeep arrived at the rail yard I first reached out to my CU and then my salesman. My CU preapproved my at 1.74%. My salesman said it honestly wasn't worth pulling my credit again knowing that the extra 1% is only a $420 difference and my CU Rate was low enough that I'd be better off financing through my CU.

I did learn a decent bit about it though, from your first credit pull you have 14 days to "shop around" and have as many quotes/credit pulls as you want without negatively affecting your credit anymore. So shop a few different banks/CUs and the dealership, just make sure you do it all within 14 days.

My CU's preapproval is good for 30 days, so as long as I pick my Jeep up within the next month I'm good to go.
Sponsored