Sponsored

Wrangler EcoDiesel debuts Sept 26!

EU_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BU Renegade Trailhawk Diesel - JT Gladiator Diesel
That´s great news!
Currently the Wrangler is offered in Europe with a 2.2 turbodiesel FIAT engine; so I wonder if the new 3.0 EcoDiesel will be offered over here in 2020... fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I think I'm going to wait 1.5 years after the Ecodiesel is released to see how the gen III holds up. I want the diesel option, but the emissions worries me. If the Ecodiesel can be as reliable as the Cummins, then I will be all over it!

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I think I'm going to wait 1.5 years after the Ecodiesel is released to see how the gen III holds up. I want the diesel option, but the emissions worries me. If the Ecodiesel can be as reliable as the Cummins, then I will be all over it!
I honestly don't think the emissions will be an issue. FCA got their nose well bloodied for that and I'm certain we won't have a repeat. However, when it comes to reliability, you have a point.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I honestly don't think the emissions will be an issue. FCA got their nose well bloodied for that and I'm certain we won't have a repeat. However, when it comes to reliability, you have a point.
Reliability and longevity are the issues I'm worried about. The current Ecodiesel in stock form is a soot coking machine. Between the MAP sensors getting clogged, EGR failures, and DEF issues, there are problematic issues with the emissions. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel, but there are a few issues that Ram needs to workout. Like I said, the Cummins is pretty reliable, therefore I think the Ecodiesel can be just as reliable. My hope is that they worked out all the bugs from the lessons learned in the 2014 - 2018 Ecodiesel. Since the Ecodiesel is going in the Wrangler, Gladiator, and Ram 1500, I'm guessing that Ram is pretty confidence that this next generation will be a great engine.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand why Dodge/Jeep, since they already use Cummins, didnt snatch up the Small cummins that is going in the Titan XDs.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I don't understand why Dodge/Jeep, since they already use Cummins, didnt snatch up the Small cummins that is going in the Titan XDs.
Actually, Chrysler helped develop that engine and tested it in the Durango. They got rid of it because it was not fuel efficient. Even Titan dropped the engine for 2020. FCA owns VM Motori, so it makes sense to use an in-house engine for affordability. Plus, the VM Motori 3.0 has been around for awhile. 2020 will be the 3rd generation of the engine.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

That motor is a turd. We had several in our fleet and they were by far and away our most often serviced trucks

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Rumor has it, December build timeline for the JLU, April for the JT. Just rumor though.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Wow! That sticker! :facepalm: