Sponsored

Wrangler for Gladiator?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I rented a Wrangler for a week in Sedona and found no discernable difference in driving, around town or the highway. Other than the annoying AF e-torque motor.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My Gladiator Mojave is the best riding Gladiator I've driven.

But its still loud compared to a F150. Very loud. And it doesn't ride as well either. And when I drive it in weather colder than 20 deg or so, you can definitely feel the cold coming through the roof.
Install a headliner, helps quiet the road noise and also insulates the cabin if the air is seeping in around the freedom panels then take it to the dealership and have them tighten the Torx screws.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I have a JLU Sport and a JT sport. You will notice a difference driving on the highway, the JT is smoother and tracks better. Some is do to the extra length, but I expect some is due to different suspension.

Jeeper0122

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I traded in my full size truck (silverado) for my gladiator. I test drove every trim package and the Mojave was my favorite- I would have bought it if I could have swung it financially. I use my gladiator for family duties with two kids (3 &1 year old) and dog and it handles it great. My old truck was a double cab and this has far more usable interior space. One thing I do notice is the gladiator is more narrow on the interior (which I don’t mind). I cross shopped the wrangler (I’ve had older wranglers and always loved them) and what swung me to the gladiator was the utility of having a truck bed. The gladiator interior is immensely nicer than any other wrangler I’ve ever had/driven in but it defiantly can’t compete with the f150 if you are looking for a luxurious interior or dead quiet ride… or random electrical problems…

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
We went on a 4000 mile road trip in our Mojave this past summer and regularly take 7-8 hour trips in it. It is incredibly comfortable for us (me, wife and 2 adult-ish kids). As mentioned, the seats in the Mojave are different. The ride quality and comfort is night and day versus my JK. Your results may vary...I say give it a test drive.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install a headliner, helps quiet the road noise and also insulates the cabin if the air is seeping in around the freedom panels then take it to the dealership and have them tighten the Torx screws.
I have a headliner and there aren't any air leaks. Its still not nearly as tight and warm as a fixed roof.

Normally died in the wool "jeep guys" opinions carry more weight in my mind. But if I see 3 Jeeps in a guys sig and he says "Its super comfortable and not noisy", then his opinion doesn't mean much because his perspective is all Jeep.

Fish Head

First Name
Fish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
None
I’ve owned my Gladiator Mojave for less than a year now and have 25,000 miles on it, mainly long highway trips from Northern Minnesota to Southern California and back. While I’ve never owned a Wrangler, I’ve been very impressed with the ride and the lack of road and wind noise from my hardtop Mojave. But like others have said, I’d suggest a test ride and bring the Wife along!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have a headliner and there aren't any air leaks. Its still not nearly as tight and warm as a fixed roof.

Normally died in the wool "jeep guys" opinions carry more weight in my mind. But if I see 3 Jeeps in a guys sig and he says "Its super comfortable and not noisy", then his opinion doesn't mean much because his perspective is all Jeep.
The cabin noise level was the same as the Pilot we sold, and less than the loaner Grand Cherokee I drove for a couple days. We also keep our Jtop on year-round.
Maybe check out this option for a quieter cabin.
https://goarmorlite.com/

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
Buy the F150. If you’re already complaining of the wrangler being uncomfortable, you’re only going to make a bigger mistake buying the gladiator. It’s definitely not any more comfortable. We like ours but also understand it’s limitations in that regard. We accept that it wasn’t built for complete comfort.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My last 3 vehicles:

2015 JKU Sport (zero power options)
2013 F150 FX4 (had every option but the Tremor package and a sunroof)
2020 JT Sport (power, but minimal added comfort options)

As others have said, if you didn’t like the Wrangler, you’re not going to like the Gladiator. Jeeps are not for everyone.

As for the F150- I absolutely hated it. It rode fine, lots of cab space, 3.5 ecoBoost had gobs of power and it towed exceptionally. But I hated parking it and felt somehow less maneuverable than the beverage truck I was driving, crappy in any weather, needed 4x4 for pretty much any moment the tires touched anything besides pavement or gravel (park in a yard, 4x4 on or else tear the crap out of the lawn) and this was with 2 different sets of tires, etc etc. Like the Jeep may not fit your needs, the F150 wasn’t for me, but was a necessary evil for the duration that I did need a full size truck.

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler for Gladiator? 419016F4-1FAF-4C2D-9586-882B009C5126
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler for Gladiator? 350688EE-5ADC-4A99-B587-BABFF1AB945F

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
I had a 2018 JLUS as my 1st Jeep (of the wrangler variety). I drove it for almost 2 years.
I switched to a 2020 JTR in June 2020.
There is a slight improvement in comfort due to the wheel base and suspension components.
But overall you're not likely to feel much more comfort in one over the other on a long trip. They are too similar.
My friend has been driving new F-150s for years, and I have been on lots of trips in them. The F-150 comfort is on a different level compared to my JTR. That is just a fact.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cabin noise level was the same as the Pilot we sold, and less than the loaner Grand Cherokee I drove for a couple days. We also keep our Jtop on year-round.
Maybe check out this option for a quieter cabin.
https://goarmorlite.com/
I'm not complaining. I was referring simply to the fact OP's complaint that the Gladiator is loud. I knew it going in.

The bulk of the noise seems to come from around the A pillar and the area around the gutters.

I've been thinking in my head that if I could pick up another freedom top cheap, (used, damaged) I may experiment on it by cutting off the gutters and/or drilling some holes in it and filling the void between the inner and outer walls with closed cells foam.

My freedom top has a full layer of 90 mill sound deadener under the entire headliner with 2 layers in the grooves. It did make a big difference.

Also, I have a set of TuxMats. They are fantastic and did quiet the interior down a bit also. Unlike something like WeatherTech, the TuxMat is multilayer with a dense foam interior. It also covers pretty much all of the exposed carpet in the truck, going all the way up to the center console on the inside.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Might want to have the dealership check it out. Could be a lack of insulation.

Also, I have a set of TuxMats. They are fantastic and did quiet the interior down a bit also. Unlike something like WeatherTech, the TuxMat is multilayer with a dense foam interior. It also covers pretty much all of the exposed carpet in the truck, going all the way up to the center console on the inside.
Third the cost of armorlite, but no plugs.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Get a loaded honda odyssey, you will love the room.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs

I have had 1 "jeep" before this one, a TJ. That one was cold in the winter, with a soft top and poor heat. I had a compass too, but that doesn't count. Otherwise, mostly Subarus and VWs. My JT isn't any colder in the winter than any of the other vehicles I've had. Actually, it warms up very quickly, and retains heat well. I'd say the same about our since purchased JKU, although the heat is better in the JT
Sponsored