First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I was checking on the wrangler ordering options, and I noticed there were axle and wheel/tire options available for the wrangler that would seem to be highly desirable on a gladiator.

Does anyone know if there are there “secret” codes to get 4.56 or 4.88 axles and 35” tires on the beadlock capable wheels on our Gladiators? I also noticed other options that I’m pretty sure are available from the dealer that the wrangler had the cold air intake and snorkels as factory installed options.

So, what’s the skinny? Do I just have to negotiate the install at the dealer for these? I’d rather not buy two axles ratios and two sets of tires and wheels.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
You can get the cold air intake from the factory on a gladiator (but not the snorkel). Everything else you listed has to be aftermarket or through the parts counter. Looks like you were indeed looking at an extreme recon. Wrangler only.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
You can get the cold air intake from the factory on a gladiator (but not the snorkel). Everything else you listed has to be aftermarket or through the parts counter. Looks like you were indeed looking at an extreme recon. Wrangler only.
And according to my dealer even if they install it, it won’t be covered under warranty so if there is an issue with the axles, diffs, seals etc. it’s on you. I asked about the 4.56 for my JTR using Dana-Spicer gears. If you’re past warranty it won’t matter.

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
Find another dealer. Any options through jeep are covered by factory warranty. I replaced my Mojave bumpers with Rubicon and it's all covered.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
@HenrytheDestroyer I think you can get the axle ratio upgrade without the XR package. But… why can’t we get the XR package?

And to pile on, I remember being told at one of the Jeep Adventure events that Armorlite (https://goarmorlite.com/) was supposed to be available as a MOPAR accessory too. And it’s not on either the wrangler or gladiator’s build-it pages.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
MT wranglers can be ordered with 4.88 gears, no extreme recon package necessary. Yes I’m jealous, wish I could have ordered my Gladiator this way…

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
It is a bit puzzling. Why not offer them up for the Gladiator.

It does not appear that Jeep had to re-certify the wrangler with the XR package or just 4.88 upgrade. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they give the XRs different window sticker designations for EPA mileage etc.

With the price of these rigs really getting up there over the competition, these types of differentiators would be a really big draw.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
And according to my dealer even if they install it, it won’t be covered under warranty so if there is an issue with the axles, diffs, seals etc. it’s on you. I asked about the 4.56 for my JTR using Dana-Spicer gears. If you’re past warranty it won’t matter.
If it MOPAR dealer bought and installed parts and accessories, then it is covered by a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty for both the parts and labor. If it is your stuff brought in, then yeah it is not covered.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Find another dealer. Any options through jeep are covered by factory warranty. I replaced my Mojave bumpers with Rubicon and it's all covered.
One of our Canadian friends was told by his dealer that since he used Amsoil he voided his warranty. That thread is here somewhere. Maybe it’s dealer specific, but the guy in Michigan (Tom) that many of us got extended warranties from, told me that as well. Having said that, it seems disingenuous at best for Jeep to market those parts (Jeep Performance Parts) and void the warranty. I see another lawsuit that FCA will be losing in the future.
Sponsored