Wranglers don't wave

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Has anyone else noticed that for the most part Wranglers don't wave back? When I was in the 17 JKUR seemed like most Wranglers waved. Now hardly any return waves.
Sponsored

karsonwithak

First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Radio
Has anyone else noticed that for the most part Wranglers don't wave back? When I was in the 17 JKUR seemed like most Wranglers waved. Now hardly any return waves.
I think it's more about the fact that there are just SO many Jeeps on the road now. Who has time to wave every. Single. Time....I see a Jeep. ✌

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My 10 minute drive from the interstate to my house yesterday, I had 6 out of 7 waves.

honestly it’s hit and miss most the time and I’m in Colorado... lots of jeeps everywhere here. It gets to be a big distraction most the time.

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I generally always get waved at, but I’m probably the worst at waving back. I mean I’ll pass ten Jeeps on my way to the store that’s a couple miles down the road. Tough to keep up!
I tend to get waived at by Rubi owners and those with modded Jeeps of all kinds. Less so by the other stockers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's absolutely regional. I looked it up LOL.
In Iowa, Jeep people don't wave - period.
However, neighbors in pickup trucks like Ford and Chevy - they'll wave. Just because they are friendly.
Jeep drivers in Iowa, either not friendly or never heard of the Jeep wave - heck, i'd never heard of it and my brother has had multiple Jeeps from his CJ7 on up.

By the way - I actually SAW a JT in the wild today - 2 miles from where I live, a gray on Vandalia road between Runnells and Pleasant Hill.
Would love to know who that was! I could have sworn they gave a quick wave but that road was ICY this am.

Sponsored

FXB101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Camaro Z28, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator Sport S Max Tow
I’d say, overall, I get waves from about 6/10 Wranglers I see on the road. Not sure if I’ve had my Gladiator long enough to draw any conclusions, but I’ve noticed if the Wrangler is modded in any way I will most likely get a wave. If it’s stock, I’d put it at 50/50. So, I’d agree with @MarineHawk in that regard.

I’ve learned to look for the top of their steering wheel. If I see a hand go up, I know what’s coming.

For the purposes of the regional discussion, I’m in mid-Atlantic Virginia if that offers any data points.

There are two other Gladiators in town. The Black Sport waves and smiles all the time. The guy with the Red Rubicon looks right through me. I shouldn’t judge, though, there are times when I’m in a daze and I’m late on the trigger myself.

tinman

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD hatchback, 14 Ducati Monster 1200, 17 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
Occupation
business owner
My wife has a JKU. We actually played a game with my kid...I explained to her that Jeep Wrangler owners wave at each other and there is a program called Jeep Wave, (I showed her the paperwork). I told her that, when we get a Wrangler, part of the agreement is to wave to other owners. If they don’t wave back, we report them to Jeep, and that Jeep can prevent them from purchasing another. She actually tried taking pictures of plates and keeping track of owners that didn’t wave back! I couldn’t tell her that I was messing with her, so I told her that the wave back reporting program had updated and they are no longer reporting owners...
Anyway, I find that JL owners may be very new, because I wave in my JT or wife’s JKU and they don’t know, aren’t paying attention. I think dealerships are really lacking in sharing this!

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have to sort of agree, when I had my JKUR I got waves. Now that I have my JT I've yet to get a wave from any Jeep :(