First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
Thanks to a thread started by JTRUBI and with the help of others like flipmode, (message me to add your name bc there were so many, I lost track), we were able to put all the pieces to the puzzle together and get the rear fog lights wired and working like EU models. These rear fogs will replace your lame reflectors :)

OEM fog button will work as follows

1st click: Front fogs on
2nd click: Front and Rear fogs on
3rd click: Front fogs only again
4th click: all off

Rear fogs are indicated by orange rear facing light symbol.
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8247

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8252

Parts:

1. Rear Bumper wiring harness - 68349976AC - $29 (license plate harness but it works for fogs)

2. Rear fog left - 68338391AA - $33

3. Rear fog right - 68338390AA - $33

4. 2.8mm female pin for BCM: 10757690-L - $2

5. 1.2mm female pin for BCM: 1452668-3 -$2

6. 18awg wire – enough to route under the jeep

7. JSCAN

8. zip ties

These 2 are optional. I like to do as much OEM as possible, so I pinned them into the existing body harness. You can also order any 2pin waterproof quick disconnect from AutoZone or similar store or just wire them from the rear fog all the way to the BCM.

- 1.2mm Pins for body harness: 2177610-3 - $2

- 1.2mm cable seals: 964972-1 - $2

Prep Work:
The way the harness comes will not work as easy as plug and play. This is because each rear fog uses its own source in the BCM. The harness as ordered is designed for license plate lights which both use the same 1 source.

The end goal here is to make sure each fog plug has pin2 grounded and pin1 needs to have it’s own wire

Example:
You will get the harness like so
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs Photoshop1

Goal: is to make sure each plug has an individual pin1 wire with pin2 being grounded

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs photoshop2

If going the OEM wiring route, this diagram is of how it should be wired to the existing harness. Wires outlined in red are already there from existing oem body harness to license plate lights and ground. If you don't want to wire into this harness, you don't need to but the blue and pink wire need to go all the way to the BCM regardless.
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs photoshop3

Step1:

Remove rear reflectors and put in rear fogs. Each reflector/fog has three 7mm bolts. You can get to all 3 with the bumper still on.. the bottom 2 are easy but the top 1 may require a 1/4 ratchet with a longer 7mm socket.

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8254

Step2:
Plug in the rear fogs

Pin in the new harness you got to the existing body harness attached to the frame or if you purchased a quick disconnect, wire that up.

For those going the OEM route, currently its wired as so:
pin1: LICENSE PLATE LAMP DRIVER
pin2: empty
pin3: empty
pin4: GROUND
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs harnessbefore

With the new rear harness, once pinned into the BCM, it will act as the following:

pin1: LICENSE PLATE LAMP DRIVER
pin2: FOG RR LAMP FEED 2
pin3: REAR FOG LAMP FEED
pin4: GROUND
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs harnessafter

Again, these were the optional parts mentioned above(1.2mm pins) to wire into body harness

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8223

Step3:

(much easier if you drop spare tire) and wire all the way up to, and through the passenger’s firewall. Google "adding AUX kit to JL/JT" and you will get plenty of hits on how to wire through the firewall.

Step4:

The fun part, working with the BCM. Disconnect battery before working on this just in case.
The goal here is to wire the 2 fogs into the BCM.
Again, you can google adding in the "AUX kit" or "adding Mopar LED headlights" Both of those videos will show you how to work with the BCM plugs far better then I can explain in writing.

1 of the wires need to go to BCM C6/F pin 5 (this pin is 1.2mm)
the other wire needs to go BCM C5/E pin 39 (this pin is 2.8mm)
it doesn't matter which one is wired to which.

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs 1611100067965

C5/E pin 39 is 2.8mm
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs C539

C6/F - Pin 5 is a 1.2mm
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs c6F

Step5:
Use JSCAN to program rear fogs and you're done

Other pics for reference

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs pin5.PNG

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs bcmpin5.PNG

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs pin39.PNG

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs bcmpin39.PNG

BCM UPDATE:
EDIT:
I lied when I said watching a video on the BCM would be better... I forgot I had bought a used BCM to play around with.. so here you go!

Note: this is literally the harness for BCM C5/E in the pictures, it will be exactly like this for you.

step 1:
In this picture, this harness will be connected to the BCM. To remove, press in the button circled in red while at the same time pushing up on the gray handle. This will release it from the BCM.
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs bcm1

Once released, the harness will be free and will look like this.
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8256

Step 2:
Stick a small flathead screwdriver in this little clip to release the inner wiring harness
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs bcm2

Top view of where flathead needs to go
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs bcm3

Step 3:
While the flathead screwdriver is in, pull out the inner harness. I did this by gently pulling on the wires to get it started. Don't worry, the wires are not gonna come out by you pulling.
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8259

Step 4:
plug your new wire in the empty hole. Refer to diagrams above on where to place wires. On the large black harness, the pins are also labeled if you have good eye sight. You will hear an audible click when seating the wire/pin in. Give it a gentle tug to make sure it will not come out.

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_8261

Step 5:
Put the smaller harness back into the large one. Pretty straight forward and a note, the red circled grooves are what lock the pins in even more so if your pin isn't fully seated, it's not making it past those grooves.
Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs bcm4

and just like that you are a master at working with the BCM

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs pin5.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Totally forgot I had the BCM harness's to play around with and show you guys. Added pics on working with the BCM harness's.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
So, some countries only use one of the rear fog lights.
Is there a difference in the fog light switch by country? Since there are two BCM outputs, I'd assume there's a way to turn each one on individually.
But perhaps its determined in the programming based on the destination.

Kevin

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So, some countries only use one of the rear fog lights.
Is there a difference in the fog light switch by country? Since there are two BCM outputs, I'd assume there's a way to turn each one on individually.
But perhaps its determined in the programming based on the destination.

Kevin
Based on all the diagrams I looked at I don't see any reason you couldn't run just 1 fog light. I will check tomorrow for you by unplugging 1 and seeing if anything happens.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Based on all the diagrams I looked at I don't see any reason you couldn't run just 1 fog light. I will check tomorrow for you by unplugging 1 and seeing if anything happens.
Oh, don’t go to the trouble: I’m pretty sure it’ll work that way, too. That would be the simplest solution.
But it does make me wonder why there are two rear fog light outputs from the BCM.

Kevin

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Man thanks so much. I’m gonna see if I can get this all wired up. I got half the work done just need to get the wiring from my rear harness to the BCM and it should work since I already have it all set up from the JSCAN. Can’t wait man.

Sponsored

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
supposedly from what I read the euro switch part# 68309781ab works like this:
front fog
right rear
left rear
both
off
depending on # of pushes.
I think because some parts of Europe use rhd / vs lhd

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Man thanks so much. I’m gonna see if I can get this all wired up. I got half the work done just need to get the wiring from my rear harness to the BCM and it should work since I already have it all set up from the JSCAN. Can’t wait man.
and thanks to you guys! It's actually pretty awesome watching them actually turn on after all the work and knowledge everyone put in on the other thread despite how little the change is. Hopefully we can get the tails working soon!

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
supposedly from what I read the euro switch part# 68309781ab works like this:
front fog
right rear
left rear
both
off
depending on # of pushes.
I think because some parts of Europe use rhd / vs lhd
True, it would make sense as to why each fog is wired to the BCM separately. My only other thought tho is I don't think the switch part itself actual has anything inside it that would change the function. From my understanding, all the data transfer is handled internal to the BCM and the switch is really just a controller. We obviously will never have info that deep into the parts but just my opinion. I guess we need someone in EU to tell us how it works for them.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Man this is great! I just sent the Zautomotive group (makers of Tazer) an email asking if/when they will add the euro spec rear fog programming to their unit. Hate that the Jscan has it and my Tazer doesn't! I'm following the Oracle thread too that is going to have a rear reflector/rear light unit and would love the best of both worlds so I have a question for you... How big are the lights/leds that are actually in the unit? Just curious if there is any possibility I can hack the rear fogs and add them to the upcoming oracle solution and take advantage of the wiring work with the BCM you have done. Then I'd have rear fogs and rear back up lights!

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Man this is great! I just sent the Zautomotive group (makers of Tazer) an email asking if/when they will add the euro spec rear fog programming to their unit. Hate that the Jscan has it and my Tazer doesn't! I'm following the Oracle thread too that is going to have a rear reflector/rear light unit and would love the best of both worlds so I have a question for you... How big are the lights/leds that are actually in the unit? Just curious if there is any possibility I can hack the rear fogs and add them to the upcoming oracle solution and take advantage of the wiring work with the BCM you have done. Then I'd have rear fogs and rear back up lights!
I actually did the same probably about a month ago. I was texting someone from Z and they mentioned they see the fog setting but he never ended up saying if/when he was going to add it in. As far as the euro LEDs, I honestly have no clue what the output is/how big the LEDs are. I can double check shortly on that though. If oracle went with the full LED instead of half LED/half reflector I probably would've tried them out.
Sponsored