Sponsored

Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I have a 2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow. It did not have the factory LED headlights and, as most people know, the Jeep halogen headlights are pretty awful. When searching for replacement LED headlights I discovered most were 7". Since the factory JT headlights are 9", the 7" headlights required adapter/spacers. While there's nothing wrong with adapter/spacers, if I'm going to pay over $600 for headlights, I want them to fit like factory headlights.

I posted a thread here last month asking for advice and an Oracle rep chimed in. He pointed out their Oculus LED headlights were 9" replacements. So, I went ahead and ordered them. I was disappointed to learn only after I paid for the headlights they were on back order. I don't mind waiting. I do mind not being told they're on back order until after I have paid for them. I placed the order on 11/25 and they arrived on 12/21. I also opted for a set of Oracle LED fog lights. The Oracle rep provided a link for me here on the forum.

The headlights and fog lights arrived wrapped together and in a plastic bag. I was concerned this may not have provided enough protection during shipping. I removed the bag and saw some damage to the box.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 001.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 002.JPG

Luckily, the box had only external damage.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 004.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 005.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 006.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 007.JPG

For the install I broke out my plastic fastener tool kit. I ordered this from Amazon a couple of years ago and man is it handy! If you expect to do any work on your Gladiator body pieces, I highly recommend picking up a kit like this. It works much better than a flathead screwdriver.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 011.JPG

The first step is to remove the grill. On top it's attached with plastic push pins. I simply popped them out using a plastic tool.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 012.JPG

After the plastic push pins are popped up, it may take a little prying from underneath to set it free. The grill has pop-in fasteners at the bottom. So, if you just gently pull on the bottom, it will come out.

I would suggest setting the grill on a blanket or cardboard box to protect it. (Or, if it's an angry grill, I would suggest simply throwing it away. ;) )

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 014.JPG

Removing the grill allows you access to the headlight fasteners.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 015.JPG

I've been working on cars since the 1970s. After snapping off and stripping multiple body fasteners, I like to use a 1/4" drive ratchet. It's more than adequate for loosening and adequately tightening bolts with little risk of stripping or snapping them off.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 016.JPG

The Oracle Oculus headlights come with factory style connectors and pretty spiffy wiring harness for the halos. If you don't want the halos to illuminate, you can simply connect the the headlights to the factory plugs and go.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 018.JPG

There are three bolts on each headlight. Remove them and it comes right out.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 019.JPG

Just unplug the original headlight and plug in the new headlight.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 020.JPG

If you want to illuminate the halos, connect the included wiring harness.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 021.JPG

The wiring harness had a looped ground connector. There's a ground just forward of the fuse box. Remove the nut and install the ground lug.

Pop the fuse box cover, drill a small hole and thread the red wire through. After the wire is through, crimp it to the included fuse connector.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 023.JPG

Remove the fuse for the cigarette lighter and replace it with the end of the harness. It comes with a spare fuse that also fits into the harness connector.

Here is a comparison between the factory halogen headlight and the new LED headlight.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 024.JPG

Here are the halos illuminated.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 025.JPG

And here are both illuminated.

Jeep Gladiator Writeup for Oracle LED Headlight Install 026.JPG

Connecting the harness to the cigarette lighter fuse illuminates the halos whenever the truck is running. You can also opt for connecting the harness to an auxiliary switch so you can turn it on and off whenever you like.

So, what's the result? Sorry I don't have any pictures yet of the headlights on the road. Just a little while ago I took the truck for a test drive after dark. These headlights are great! The cutoff is laser sharp. They are super bright without blinding oncoming drivers. I noticed the light appears somewhat blue on white road signs, but on the road it appears pure white.

I didn't have to make any changes to the onboard computer and the headlights work perfectly with no flickering whatsoever.

If anyone is interested, I'll try to get some pictures of the headlights on the road.

I went to install the fog lights and discovered they don't fit. I think I got the fog lights for the Rubicon and, since I have a Sport S, the bumper is different. I emailed Oracle. Hopefully, they can help me to figure out the right part number for the fog lights.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
They look great! I would love to see some pictures of what they look like on the road. My new Willys Edition may need an led headlight upgrade!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Can't wait for mine to come in. Also love the comment about throwing away the angry eyes grill!

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Slightly related - do the factory LED have the halos?

I’ve been set on getting LED from factory but this post and the idea I could maybe change the halo colors and control power with an aux switch has me interested....

Second question edit. What are the DRL of the JT? The fender lights?

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Nice write up. Reading this helped me with my install I did yesterday of the same lights. The cutoff line in these is amazing.

anags64

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Sting Grey
Occupation
Student
I had these installed just before the holidays, and with the Halos wired to the cigarette fuse, a few weeks later, my cigarette port no longer works. I when plugging in multiple charging adapters, I have no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
I had these installed just before the holidays, and with the Halos wired to the cigarette fuse, a few weeks later, my cigarette port no longer works. I when plugging in multiple charging adapters, I have no luck. Anyone else having this issue?
When you use the add-a-circuit you need to place fuses in both receptacles. The fuse you remove from the fuse box goes into the second receptacle on the add-a-circuit.

Hope that helps :)

anags64

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Sting Grey
Occupation
Student
When you use the add-a-circuit you need to place fuses in both receptacles. The fuse you remove from the fuse box goes into the second receptacle on the add-a-circuit.

Hope that helps :)
Hi, I did do that upon installation, and still have that issue.

TNGatorBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1985 CJ8 Scrambler and 2014 Grand Cherokee WK2 (For Sale)
Occupation
Executive Director
Hi, I did do that upon installation, and still have that issue.
@anags64

Check to ensure that the fuse is pushed in all the way and not blown... if you still are having an issue, use another fuse slot to power your DRL Halos.

I used the heated seats fuse spot [F57 - I believe] and it works perfectly. I don't have heated seats so there's no risk in tapping that fuse.

So, try switching fuses and see if your CLAs work again.
Sponsored