Sponsored

xtrusion overland owners ... what height rack did you get and why?

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
Really, the subject line says it all. I have just about convinced myself to pull the trigger and order an XTR1 rack system from XO. I am not looking for anything ultra-low as I will be using the rack with an x4s bed cover that I'll still want to be able to roll up. My gut instinct is to get the 22" rack so the top of the bars are even with the high point of the hardtop ... but, I don't know what I don't know. What height do you have, and was there a specific reason you went with that height?
Sponsored

NC_Gladiator

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
14” because it lines my iKamper up perfectly with the height of the cab and keeps it from becoming a sail. Still have a decent amount of bed depth with that height - way more than the voodoo cross bars I had prior that constantly felt limiting. Thus far it has met all of my needs.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I made a copy with t-nuts that go into my Bak4 tonneau.
Originally tried 23” which was too high.
Jeep Gladiator xtrusion overland owners ... what height rack did you get and why? 1675053947174

Replaced with 18.5”
Jeep Gladiator xtrusion overland owners ... what height rack did you get and why? 8A0704A9-76D9-431B-9EBE-C222D7D01EBA

edit: forgot to add, pretty much anything you put on top willl have added height from brackets/mounts.
I will never lay lumber or something flat on the rack so it’s ok if it’s a little below roofline. I don’t plan a RTT so was trying to thInk of cargo.
Or go lower so RTT sits level with roof, like @NC_Gladiator said.

Justins_JT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
If you get a rack that is below the roof line and have a roof top tent, can you still use the window prop rods on the cab side? Or does the tent get to close to the roof of the Jeep? I am also looking at one of these racks but I have a roof top tent I want to mount on it. TIA
Sponsored