First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
The Outpost HD rack was a pain to find in stock.

Also had to remove the trail rails from the sides, which was a pain. They have double sided tape and some push in grommets at the ends. Had to pry them off.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Looks great! I have a hard shell roofnest tent which would have to be placed higher up and mounted "long ways" if you will. Do those posts extend up so I could adapt it? Thanks

Just found an overhaul hd adjustable which i believe would work. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
relapsekg

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
The tent is a couple inches higher than the cab closed up.

Still fits in the garage with a couple inches to spare.

2E35F3B3-1376-406D-9EDC-62CE8D8D794A.jpeg

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thinking about this or the Overhaul HD. How do you like it? With the rooftop tent on how does the stability seem on highway and off road? Also, what kind of hardware is that connecting the tent to the bars?

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
What is the visibility like from the rearview mirror? That has been a major thinking point for me on how tall I want the rack to be: mid height like the RCI or above the cab with the Leitner.

Sponsored

Trent S

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16ram1500
Thinking about this or the Overhaul HD. How do you like it? With the rooftop tent on how does the stability seem on highway and off road? Also, what kind of hardware is that connecting the tent to the bars?
That is the overhaul HD Bed rack. I currently have it installed on my Ram 1500 and its the most solid rack I've ever seen! I figured the trail rails would have to be removed to install its which is no big deal. I bought this rack in anticipation of putting it on a gladiator hopefully next year when the diesel is available!

Trent S

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16ram1500
That is the overhaul HD Bed rack. I currently have it installed on my Ram 1500 and its the most solid rack I've ever seen! I figured the trail rails would have to be removed to install its which is no big deal. I bought this rack in anticipation of putting it on a gladiator hopefully next year when the diesel is available!
I take that back he does have the outpost HD. The overhaul hd is adjustable hight and I didn't relize there were 2 different ones lol

The two share the same base though.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
The Outpost HD rack was a pain to find in stock.

Also had to remove the trail rails from the sides, which was a pain. They have double sided tape and some push in grommets at the ends. Had to pry them off.
I just installed a Yakima Outpost on my Gladiator and used the rail mounting kit made for the Toyota. It works perfectly but does require the rails to be removed in order to slide the long bars inside of the rails that the adapters bolt to. I also cut one of the drop legs off a bit to clear the gas filler bump in the bed. Just an FYI..

4CF036C6-F53B-4929-A34C-31BDE3B36B13.jpeg
4812AF84-BE99-4B7C-BE65-F16495315348.jpeg

OP
OP
relapsekg

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
What is the visibility like from the rearview mirror? That has been a major thinking point for me on how tall I want the rack to be: mid height like the RCI or above the cab with the Leitner.
Here is the view

831B7C8D-97C4-4F98-B17F-72B5BDA89D71.jpeg

Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the view

831B7C8D-97C4-4F98-B17F-72B5BDA89D71.jpeg
I was thinking of doing your same setup, but mounting my rear view mirror to the ball mount coming up from the dash on the rugged ridge phone mount. You took that photo, but when you are actually driving, can you see the cars behind you on the road in the rear view mirror?
Sponsored