Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
Got em installed today. Put up a video on YouTube "OFFRD". Here's a couple pics. These things are BEEF.

20191207_133126.jpg

20191207_130610.jpg
Sponsored

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lincoln Mark LT, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have about 6,000 miles on mine and couldn’t be happier with them

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
  • Banned
Do you guys have ANY vibration at all? I have a small bit of vibes beyond 55 MPH. Feels like it's coming from a rear tire. Headed back to Discount Tire Saturday morning to have them double check balance on these.

Otherwise, I'm still happy so far and the road noise is the perfect amount. Enough to hear them hum, but not enough to drive a guy nuts.

Sponsored

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys have ANY vibration at all? I have a small bit of vibes beyond 55 MPH. Feels like it's coming from a rear tire. Headed back to Discount Tire Saturday morning to have them double check balance on these.

Otherwise, I'm still happy so far and the road noise is the perfect amount. Enough to hear them hum, but not enough to drive a guy nuts.
Nothing to report for vibration and I do drive on the PA Turnpike daily.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE

I have a little but don’t know if it’s the road or the tire yet...only have 600 miles on the tires.

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whats your honest opinion of the Yoko? I havent heard too much on them and i am eager to know.
Let me start by saying that I am in the wholesale tire business and have run more tires than you can name over all my years.

Honest answer is I am very happy with them and they are exactly what I was looking for. I have run A/T tires in any brand you can think of for years and while they performed well it just wasn't the look I was after. I was given a set of 35x12.50r22 Mud's to run on my previous truck and against my better judgement put them on (I do a decent amount of highway). The look was bad ass, but after about 5,000 miles I just could't take the noise and by 10,000 miles I wanted them off. Nothing against the tires, it's just the way muds are.

So, the X-A/T comes out and I was given a set to try as the Yoko rep was in town and saw my new Rubicon with Falken's on it (score). The tires have the look that really completes what I wanted, but can still be driven daily on the highway. They do have road noise, but it's just the right amount to know you have something cool on the truck... but not anything even close to running a mud. I do hope to get off-road in the spring and I am waiting for some real snow to test them out, but I cannot see any reason why these tires would not crush both.

Hope this helps a bit and I can update as I get more miles in them and hopefully some snow soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well I went back to Discount Tire today to ask them to recheck the balance on my set. Tech came and got me and said, "Come look at this." So I followed him to the tire balancer and as the tire spun you could see run-out in the face of the tread. The balance was ok according to the machine but road force was different. A couple of the tires were like that, but one was particularly bad. There wasn't anything else they could do, they didn't have more of them in stock, and my 30-day satisfaction guarantee period from Yokohama was running out.

So... long story short I swapped them out for Cooper STT Pros that they had in stock. I really wanted to do a long term review on the Yokos but it wasn't in the cards for me. You guys who have them, keep us updated!

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Well I went back to Discount Tire today to ask them to recheck the balance on my set. Tech came and got me and said, "Come look at this." So I followed him to the tire balancer and as the tire spun you could see run-out in the face of the tread. The balance was ok according to the machine but road force was different. A couple of the tires were like that, but one was particularly bad. There wasn't anything else they could do, they didn't have more of them in stock, and my 30-day satisfaction guarantee period from Yokohama was running out.

So... long story short I swapped them out for Cooper STT Pros that they had in stock. I really wanted to do a long term review on the Yokos but it wasn't in the cards for me. You guys who have them, keep us updated!
I don't like the square shoulders on the Yok's so they are not a consideration for me but:

Out of round should have never made it out of the shop in the first place
Out of round is more commonly mis-mounting than than manufacture defect
If it is in fact manufacture defect they will warranty no charge for the first 10% of tread wear

Discount is generally a very professional operation, but that tale doesn't reflect well on them.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Guys I found a place selling a set of 4 of these, new 35x12.5r17 shipped 875$. The deal expires on new years eve so I've got like a day to decide if I spring on these. Help should I do it?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Guys I found a place selling a set of 4 of these, new 35x12.5r17 shipped 875$. The deal expires on new years eve so I've got like a day to decide if I spring on these. Help should I do it?

$175 a tire?
Sounds like a screaming good deal to me if you like the tire

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sick deal and you will be happy with them. Where are you turning them up at that price?
Sponsored