Sponsored

You don't realize how much the Tazer adds until its gone.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I brought my truck into the dealer recently and removed the Tazer. I ordered the gateway cables to make this process easier so I waited to re-nstall the tazer until the cable came in so I'd only have to get on my back under the dash once.

In the few days driving the truck without the tazer I was like WTF???!!

All minor stuff, but stuff that just simply makes the truck easier to live with on a day to day basis.

1) garage door opener/homelink - in stock form it turns off with the ignition. That does you no good if you've just backed into your garage and shut off the truck. Tazer gives you 30 sec.

2) It didn't come up this time, but passenger seat seat heater auto on with remote start. Why shouldn't my wife have a nice warm seat also??

3) Fog lights on with high beams.

4) Locking the rear axle just happens. No hoops to jump through.

5) Double tap "Mute" to turn on rear cam even while driving - this was great for monitoring a trailer while I was moving last week. Did that wicker chair just fall off the trailer??

6) You can enter an address into the Nav while driving. In stock form, you have to stop. This is pure idiocy.

Many of these just make the vehicle easier to live with every day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should have bought those extension cables. My knuckles hate me every time I take it out when headed to the dealership.
I must have put it in the cart 5 times over 6 months. $29. Not bad.

Then abandoned the cart when it added $10 shipping and then it was practically $40.

Its in now and I know I'll forget about the $40 within a couple of days and will be happy I got it every time it goes into the dealer. Ha.

the obvious and smart answer is to buy it when you get the Tazer and save the $10 shipping.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
I did the same thing, had it in the cart, then decided not to buy it with the Tazer. "I'll see if I really need it...", then after installing it I was quite annoyed I didn't have it. Similarly I also put it in the Z-Automotive cart but never wanted to pay 33% of the product cost again in shipping. I just recently found a solution. Northridge4x4 sells the cable.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/programmers-tuners/sgw-ext-z-automotive-sgw-extension-cable

So I just found things I "needed" on their site until I reached the free shipping.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just found things I "needed" on their site until I reached the free shipping.
Ha. Ha. So let me know how that $100 cable works out.

I actually bought my Tazer from Northridge and got 10% off at the time. So that would have paid for the cable for "free". I should have just bought it then.

Oh well. Enjoy

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
5) Double tap "Mute" to turn on rear cam even while driving - this was great for monitoring a trailer while I was moving last week. Did that wicker chair just fall off the trailer??

6) You can enter an address into the Nav while driving. In stock form, you have to stop. This is pure idiocy.
I agree with 1-4, but 5 and 6 not so much.

5) You can already turn on the rear camera while driving without a tazer. I have it mapped to one of the "buttons" on my factory 8.4

6) I'm all for preventing people from typing on a touch screen while driving. It's not much different than using a phone while driving. I used to have a car with a control knob and typing an address while driving with that was much less disrupting to a driver than touch screen typing on a nav screen.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
Definitely - and you didn't mention my two favorite features, ESS being set at your last setting (meaning, OFF ;) as well as automatically turning off the license plate lights so when you reverse at night your camera isn't washed out by the light streaming into it.

I didn't buy the cable when I first bought the Taser, but knowing that I'd remove it before taking to the dealer for servicing, I bought the cable immediately after doing the first installation. I didn't want to go through that pain again.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
Ha. Ha. So let me know how that $100 cable works out.

I actually bought my Tazer from Northridge and got 10% off at the time. So that would have paid for the cable for "free". I should have just bought it then.

Oh well. Enjoy
It's not so bad, the "free" shipping was at $70. so only needed to find a $40 item to add. I still should have gotten it from the start, but oh well. ::🤷::

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Although I initially had problems with mine early on (most likely not doing proper sleep cycles when rebooting), I live the taser features.

I initially got it for tire size adjustment for proper shifting. But I utilize the home link garage door feature, back up cam when turn signals on, pulse brake (third taillight). Besides I love that it automatically disables the reverse lights when backing, so it doesn’t shine in the camera. It’s the small things.

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
I'm sure if I search I'd find the answer but seeing you guys are talking about removing the Tazer, do you need to unmarry it to pull to do an update? I have a 22 and want to update it to get rid of the fob left beeps.

Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
It would be a giant Pita to try and connect a computer to the Tazer while its plugged into the jeep.

Tazer or not.
i always check the front tow straps via the rear cam to make sure they are still tight

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
“1) garage door opener/homelink - in stock form it turns off with the ignition. That does you no good if you've just backed into your garage and shut off the truck. Tazer gives you 30 sec.”

So the home link buttons don’t work with the car off? That’s awesome for me. I never hooked it up because I park outside. Don’t want somebody breaking in and opening the garage.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
We've come a long way from getting out and locking hubs, haven't we?

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
I use Siri (Apple voice control) to open and close the garage door. Found the spot up the road where the door just finishes opening as I roll in without pausing.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't pull mine out when going to dealer, they told me they don't care.
Sponsored