Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
  • Banned
So I have spent my last year of ownership modding as most do, I have done a lot of OEM swaps, so much so that my boss calls mine a Sporticon. Big mods are

Rubicon take off wheels and mud terrains
Rubicon take off suspension
Mopar steel bumper and steel skid plate
added second rear tow hook
added proximity door locks

Of those mods I think the proximity lock is the one I couldn't be happy going back to stock on. I use it so much and it really makes a difference.

What's your cant live without mod?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BamaJeepTruck

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Mine came with Proximity locks. Of all the mods I've done, the hood lift and hood lights are the most useful. The RSI SmartCap and the lights I put in it are also great.
I did hood struts too, I couldn't stand the sound when taking the prop rod out!

Sponsored

OP
OP
BamaJeepTruck

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
bestop sunrider.
Man I have been on the fence about that one. I want one, I know ill use the hell out of it, just damn that price is a hard pill to swallow. I had some money set aside then Midway had to offer M1 Carbines for sale. Poof that money went away lol

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Diamondback cover.

All the other little things I did I could undo and not really miss them... (antenna, hood blackout decal, underthesun scuba grill, led headlights lights, ProClip phone holder, console dividers, etc.)

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I consider a "mod" something that couldn't a factory option (or equivalent, i.e. bed cover), or couldn't fit without further modification to the vehicle. For example: adding handle to the roll cage isn't a mod, nor is adding 35s as they fit on a stock suspension and stock rims.

Thus for me the only mod I couldn't live without (as a phrase not literally) is the winch. I haven't had to use it for myself, but I've used it to recover other vehicles and I love the look it adds to the Jeep.

OP
OP
BamaJeepTruck

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I consider a "mod" something that couldn't a factory option (or equivalent, i.e. bed cover), or couldn't fit without further modification to the vehicle. For example: adding handle to the roll cage isn't a mod, nor is adding 35s as they fit on a stock suspension and stock rims.

Thus for me the only mod I couldn't live without (as a phrase not literally) is the winch. I haven't had to use it for myself, but I've used it to recover other vehicles and I love the look it adds to the Jeep.
I definitely agree a grab handle wouldn't count. Personally I think if I'm turning wrenches and changing parts out then its a mod. I guess I would say our difference in opinion is you say something that cant come the factory, and I would classify it as different from how it came from the factory. I can see your point tho.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So I have spent my last year of ownership modding as most do, I have done a lot of OEM swaps, so much so that my boss calls mine a Sporticon. Big mods are

Rubicon take off wheels and mud terrains
Rubicon take off suspension
Mopar steel bumper and steel skid plate
added second rear tow hook
added proximity door locks

Of those mods I think the proximity lock is the one I couldn't be happy going back to stock on. I use it so much and it really makes a difference.

What's your cant live without mod?
I went to the dealership service department to ask if they could put this option on as it didn't come that way from the factory. $400 per door. I was like, are you kidding me? They wanted $800 to do remote start. Not sure what they are smoking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BamaJeepTruck

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the dealership service department to ask if they could put this option on as it didn't come that way from the factory. $400 per door. I was like, are you kidding me? They wanted $800 to do remote start. Not sure what they are smoking.
Its very easy to do yourself. I only did the drivers door, was under $200 if I recall correctly including the Jscan app.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Maybe not a mod...
Getting a soft top
Us flag decals
"Willys" dash decal

mods:
undercover flex trifold (with struts)
Weathertech Mud flaps
& The Lange coyote mirrors and mounts (doors off mirrors)

OP
OP
BamaJeepTruck

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe not a mod...
Getting a soft top
Us flag decals
"Willys" dash decal

mods:
undercover flex trifold (with struts)
Weathertech Mud flaps
& The Lange coyote mirrors and mounts (doors off mirrors)
Do you have a pic of the flaps installed? I would love to avoid the rocks flinging at my paint but I also dont want to look like a 70's Audi rally car

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Midway did WHAT?

Sorry, my eye started twitching.

And the Tazer is the mod I appreciate MOST on a daily basis, with Auto Stop Start disabled and the rear camera coming on with the blinker, and then when on a rough road in 2Hi locked with the swaybar disconnected.

Man I have been on the fence about that one. I want one, I know ill use the hell out of it, just damn that price is a hard pill to swallow. I had some money set aside then Midway had to offer M1 Carbines for sale. Poof that money went away lol