Sponsored

Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!!

MNDZLJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Diesel
Occupation
Jeep Technician
Jeep Gladiator Your stock Rubicon diesel JT bottoming out? Here’s the fix!! A8DF87D0-B188-4E87-B667-DD53284B9D9B
Sponsored

wveddy

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Manufacturing
Well thats good i guess. Be nice to know if that fixes it. Buying upgraded fox or falcon shocks is $$$$

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Regardless, I'm definitely interested to hear about the difference after people have this done.

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I'm suspecting those front bumper jounce are the same one that came factory installed on MY22. I might just order the front jounce since I'm already on the Mopar lift.

Brekka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon
My 2022 bottoms out pretty regularly on a trail on my property back to my camp site that the wrangler handles with ease. Definitely annoying. It was quite the jolt the first time, I thought I broke the jeep in my own yard.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
I’m at Jeep this morning getting my second oil change and waiting to hear what they’re going to do about my bottoming out issues…. Will post what they say.

Jag

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
retired
Took my JT to the dealer today and they have ordered all of the parts. Now we wait.

Sponsored

HampshireEcoD

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTOD / MY14 Audi S7
Occupation
Software
Took my JT to the dealer today and they have ordered all of the parts. Now we wait.
Assuming since this is just a TSB, you had to pay for parts and install?

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Why would you have to pay? It’s a tsb on how to fix a known issue. Wish they opened it up all the diesels tho as I have the same issue in my jtwd.

HampshireEcoD

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTOD / MY14 Audi S7
Occupation
Software
Why would you have to pay? It’s a tsb on how to fix a known issue. Wish they opened it up all the diesels tho as I have the same issue in my jtwd.
In the world of TSB vs Recalls, at least with other OEMs I own and have owned; a TSB is just a notice of a known failure point or complaint from customers. i.e. when/if a customer complains of the known fault, the Mother Ship has let all the Independent Dealer/Techs know what parts are needed and how to fix the issue (TSB).

Only until the OEM issues a Recall, would parts and labor be covered by the OEM. For an OEM to issue a recall, it usually has to be Safety related and pushed heavily from the NHTSA

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
In the world of TSB vs Recalls, at least with other OEMs I own and have owned; a TSB is just a notice of a known failure point or complaint from customers. Only until the OEM issues a Recall, would parts and labor be covered by the OEM.

For an OEM to issue a recall, it usually has to be Safety related and pushed heavily from the NHTSA
Literally everything I have owned:

Chevy, Ford, Acura, Toyota, - TSB covered parts and labor if vehicle is under warranty.

HampshireEcoD

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTOD / MY14 Audi S7
Occupation
Software
Literally everything I have owned:

Chevy, Ford, Acura, Toyota, - TSB covered parts and labor if vehicle is under warranty.
Touche and good distinction; being covered under warranty! Does not apply in this scenario at all, my bad.

I am used to owning strictly used vehicles and have to pay for everything haha. Cost of saving money after the car has depreciated I guess. Wife wanted a new Gladiator this time around though - looking forward to all the free stuff!
Sponsored