MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Pictures please...
My rear seat delete pics are posted under interior mods. I need to clean my truck and I ll post pics of the outside stuff. The Maximus sport bar isn’t installed yet, I m running wiring for lights. I ll try to post pics by Wed. Thanks for asking.

Mark
Sponsored

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Does the Pedal Commander make that much difference on the Gladiator?
It really does, it is a little pricy but worth it. It takes all the throttle delay away and you get instant acceleration depending on the setting you have. Takes about 5 minutes to install, and you can change settings from their app or blutooth. Mine tucked away behind the carpet/center console in a empty spot and you can't tell it's there.

There are some other brands of throttle controllers available like idrive, but I didn't research pros/cons of each.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
#1 on our list of mods: Flat towing set-up.

We wouldn't think about leaving our Jeep at home while on a camping trip!

Jeep Gladiator Your Top Few Mods? hr+jt

Jeep Gladiator Your Top Few Mods? bo avail

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Stinger
Powered sub woofer
Kickers in the upper dash
Hotheads
SB seat covers

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Here are my favorite low-cost mods so far:

Mud flaps (not the easiest/fastest to install, but they look good and work well to keep the slush at bay): Weathertech

7 in. antenna (looks great and works great): Amazon

Collapsible step to give older Doberman Pinscher better access to back seat (worth its weight in gold. I flip up the closest rear seat and she uses the steps up onto the floor, then hops up onto the far seat): Amazon

Door protectors (to protect doors from said dog): Amazon

Last edited:

Sponsored

gitnit

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
equipment operator
Recently got this machine and curious to hear input on your top 3-5 mods? No lifts, keeping suspension stock cause it’s badass ;)
Jeep Gladiator Your Top Few Mods? bo avail
Tires
Wheels
Rock rails
BUMPERS

HectoRome

First Name
Hecto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S | 2007 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Occupation
Engineer
1: Mopar 7707244689AB 2" Lift w/ 1.5" Teraflex Leveling Spacers
2: 17" Method Double Standards w/ 35" Pro Comp AT Sport Tires
3: Hooke Road Running Board Rock Rails
4: Tan CZ Evo S3 Scorpion w/SBT Brace

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
1. Carpet out. Lizard skin floor
2. Rear seat delete
3. ADD stealth bumpers
4. Hothead liners
5. Maximus 3 sport bar
6. Decked storage
you sprayed lizard skin? I always thought that seemed like a great concept.
How do you think it compares to something like Armorlite? Is it thinner, not as soundproof?

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
My first two mods were done before I even saw the truck:
  • 2" Mopar Lift
  • 37/17/12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino Armory wheels
In my opinion, this is not only highly practical, but gives the truck a stance and look that is the heart and soul of its image. I was blown away when I saw it sitting on the lot waiting for me. I'm still blown away every time I look at it!

After that, my first priority was a full width steel bumper (LOTS of very friendly deer here...) and winch. Went with:
  • a Smittybilt SRC Gen2 bumper and
  • a Smittybilt XRC Gen3 winch.
Love them both, especially the bumper. The SRC doesn't get much attention on this forum, and most people seem to want to go with a stubby bumper, but since I have no particular interest in rock crawling I don't need the "approach angle enhancement" you get from a stubby. Plus I just don't like the way they look...

For me, those four things were my top priority "necessities" because I planned to do lots of overlanding as well as use the truck as a daily driver. Your priorities may vary...

Close behind those four was a bed rack and a roof top tent. Went with:
  • Fab Fours Overland Rack
  • Tepui three-person tent
Jury is still out on the Fab Fours rack. I'm happy enough with it, I like the "non-standard" look, and it does a fine job, but it's not quite as practical as the "standard" bed rack. You have to get more imaginative about how you use the sides since there are no mounting plates on the side. One thing I do really like about it, though, is that there is no problem whatsoever reaching into / loading /unloading the bed from the side of the truck because there are no mounting panels in your way - that is a nice bonus when you're camping and you don't want to have to climb in the bed and over everything in there to get something up by the cab. Trade-offs...

After that, my next priority was armor. Since I'm not a rock crawler, I didn't need to go overboard on this, but wanted to make sure I protected the most exposed elements. Went with:
  • Metalcloak Rear Diff Skid Plate
  • Metalcloak Front Axle Disconnect Skid Plate
  • Rock Hard 4x4 Rear Lower Control Arm and Shocks bolt on skid plates
  • (Since I was doing the FAD skid, I decided to just do the Metalcloak steering stabilizer kit too, but I wasn't actually having any issues with my steering.)
Next on the priority list was driving lights. Went with:
  • a pair of Rigid 360 Series 6" mounted inside the hoop on my bumper.
Absolutely love those lights. Later added the yellow snap-on covers, for fog/snow conditions. Not foggy or snowy? Just pop them off. Also got the black covers, for when I have to get my state safety inspection...just in case...

Aside from a phone holder (67Designs), that was pretty much it for my "necessities". I've got the Jeep-disease, of course, and have added a lot of other things, like rock lights, onboard air and MOLLE panels inside and out, and will add more, but it's all icing on the cake. But some of my most favorite "icing" is:
  • Badgeglow Simple AUX for JL - if you have the AUX switch option, this little piece of kit makes connecting to the switches an absolute piece of cake (with icing). Probably the very best $45 I have spent on my truck.
  • KC Cyclone under-hood lights
  • Redline Tuning Hood Struts
  • RockBlokz front mud flaps (probably actually a necessity with my wheel and tire setup)
  • Bestop Targa-style Bikini sunshade (I have a soft-top Gladiator). Could fit a little better, but it does the job well, and I can just leave it in place all the time.
The last thing I'll say is, if you really want to personalize your truck, go to PixelDecals and work with Don to make some custom graphics. Great service, great quality, great price.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
you sprayed lizard skin? I always thought that seemed like a great concept.
How do you think it compares to something like Armorlite? Is it thinner, not as soundproof?
Paul, I’m not familiar with the Armorlite product, so I can’t compare them. I have a German Shepherd and they shed like crazy. It was a real bear getting the hair out of the carpet of my JK. That was one of my first mods. I took all the seats out. Took all the carpeting out, and removed all the plastic trim along the floor and back wall. Covered everything with plastic and sprayed the entire floor pan with a sound barrier, then a thermal barrier. It was a four day project, but well worth it. The road noise is reduced, and temps are easier to monitor. I was going to do Linex, but I heard that it put out a strong odor for quite awhile in the heat of the summer. There is no odor with lizard skin after it dries. You can control the thickness as you spray. Mine is about a credit card thick for each product, so two cards thick. Cleaning up dog hair is a snap as well as rinsing out the mud. I have Weathertech floor mats in the front. Hope this helps.

Mark

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Ditto on the pedal commander!

OP
OP
Scous88

Scous88

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator mojave
Occupation
Self
My first two mods were done before I even saw the truck:
  • 2" Mopar Lift
  • 37/17/12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino Armory wheels
In my opinion, this is not only highly practical, but gives the truck a stance and look that is the heart and soul of its image. I was blown away when I saw it sitting on the lot waiting for me. I'm still blown away every time I look at it!

After that, my first priority was a full width steel bumper (LOTS of very friendly deer here...) and winch. Went with:
  • a Smittybilt SRC Gen2 bumper and
  • a Smittybilt XRC Gen3 winch.
Love them both, especially the bumper. The SRC doesn't get much attention on this forum, and most people seem to want to go with a stubby bumper, but since I have no particular interest in rock crawling I don't need the "approach angle enhancement" you get from a stubby. Plus I just don't like the way they look...

For me, those four things were my top priority "necessities" because I planned to do lots of overlanding as well as use the truck as a daily driver. Your priorities may vary...

Close behind those four was a bed rack and a roof top tent. Went with:
  • Fab Fours Overland Rack
  • Tepui three-person tent
Jury is still out on the Fab Fours rack. I'm happy enough with it, I like the "non-standard" look, and it does a fine job, but it's not quite as practical as the "standard" bed rack. You have to get more imaginative about how you use the sides since there are no mounting plates on the side. One thing I do really like about it, though, is that there is no problem whatsoever reaching into / loading /unloading the bed from the side of the truck because there are no mounting panels in your way - that is a nice bonus when you're camping and you don't want to have to climb in the bed and over everything in there to get something up by the cab. Trade-offs...

After that, my next priority was armor. Since I'm not a rock crawler, I didn't need to go overboard on this, but wanted to make sure I protected the most exposed elements. Went with:
  • Metalcloak Rear Diff Skid Plate
  • Metalcloak Front Axle Disconnect Skid Plate
  • Rock Hard 4x4 Rear Lower Control Arm and Shocks bolt on skid plates
  • (Since I was doing the FAD skid, I decided to just do the Metalcloak steering stabilizer kit too, but I wasn't actually having any issues with my steering.)
Next on the priority list was driving lights. Went with:
  • a pair of Rigid 360 Series 6" mounted inside the hoop on my bumper.
Absolutely love those lights. Later added the yellow snap-on covers, for fog/snow conditions. Not foggy or snowy? Just pop them off. Also got the black covers, for when I have to get my state safety inspection...just in case...

Aside from a phone holder (67Designs), that was pretty much it for my "necessities". I've got the Jeep-disease, of course, and have added a lot of other things, like rock lights, onboard air and MOLLE panels inside and out, and will add more, but it's all icing on the cake. But some of my most favorite "icing" is:
  • Badgeglow Simple AUX for JL - if you have the AUX switch option, this little piece of kit makes connecting to the switches an absolute piece of cake (with icing). Probably the very best $45 I have spent on my truck.
  • KC Cyclone under-hood lights
  • Redline Tuning Hood Struts
  • RockBlokz front mud flaps (probably actually a necessity with my wheel and tire setup)
  • Bestop Targa-style Bikini sunshade (I have a soft-top Gladiator). Could fit a little better, but it does the job well, and I can just leave it in place all the time.
The last thing I'll say is, if you really want to personalize your truck, go to PixelDecals and work with Don to make some custom graphics. Great service, great quality, great price.
Nice list 👍 Love all your descriptions as well, thanks!
Sponsored