Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave Sting Gray
Occupation
Software Nerd
Just posting this as a bit of a PSA…

Thursday I have the Z37 PCM flash and my first oil change. Like a good boy I unmarried and removed my Tazer before the dealership visit. On the way home my Gladiator was driving like a banshee…it was almost like off-road plus mode in 2WD. I was holding gears into the 5k-6k range and it was like driving a different vehicle. My dealership is about 45 miles away and on my drive home I got 10.7 MPG and that was 90% high driving. I figured the update reset cleared everything out and the transmission was relearning my driving habits.

Today I reinstalled and married my Tazer and noticed that the tire size was back down to the factory 32.75 inches. I am running 315/70 STT Pro’s so I reset the tire size and now my Jeep is boring to drive again but my MPG is back in the 16’s and I’m not running the crazy high RPMs.

So. If you have a Tazer and you’ve reset your tire size for larger rubber just know that you’ll need to change the tire size settings when you put your Tazer back in.

Maybe this is a DUH for a lot of you out there but just thought I’d share. I searched the forum and didn’t see anything about it.
Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
When you unmarry, it puts everything back to stock. As in what it was before you put the Tazer in.

Jeep Gladiator Z37 Service Bulletin, Tazer, and Tire Size 1661586954331

When the dealer flashes, it does the same thing of putting everything back to factory setting from when it was built.