Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I got a notice for the ZE2 recall on the Jeep last week, and got a letter this past week on the recall. I made an appointment for this morning when I got the notice on the app. It takes about 45 minutes to do the recall. They replace the Tailgate Controller in the tail gate. This is for the power locking tail gates. Talking to the tech who did it. He say that the controller over cycles and gets jammed. The difference between the 2 is unknown.

The old controller.

Jeep Gladiator ZE2 Tail Gate Latch Recall 20230512_085239

Jeep Gladiator ZE2 Tail Gate Latch Recall 20230512_085233
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Is this recall for all model years?

koldfront_xj

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave JT; 1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited
Is this recall for all model years?
I got this letter also. It says “on certain 2022 Jeep Gladiator vehicles.” It also shows up in the My Mopar app. Looks like just 2022 model years, but it doesn’t specify any other details. I would assume this applies to any 2022 Gladiators with power locks.
Jeep Gladiator ZE2 Tail Gate Latch Recall IMG_1981

Edit: when I clicked on the attachment, the default letter does say 2021-2022 Gladiators.
Jeep Gladiator ZE2 Tail Gate Latch Recall IMG_1982

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
when I was at the dealer it was stuck and they replaced it, I wonder if it was replaced with the newer version. 2022 mojave

aFatBird

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
On alldata it's labeled as 0 hours pay to check for power locks and 30 minutes pay to replace. Appointment at 7:30 and they decided to not finish my JT until 530.

Sponsored

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
I received the same notice the other day. Need to make the appointment as well.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I got the notice today...Question Folks, it refers to the problem as the "manual" lock control. Does this mean it jams (potentially) only when you use the key to "manually" unlock the tail gate; or even if you use the fob?

thanks,

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I got the notice today...Question Folks, it refers to the problem as the "manual" lock control. Does this mean it jams (potentially) only when you use the key to "manually" unlock the tail gate; or even if you use the fob?

thanks,
FWIW, I called FCA and they said it only might occur if you use your key to open it. If you use the FOB it will not happen...

Then I called the dealer and they spoke to the service department and they said if you have an automatic tail gate opener like on the Mojave (mine anyway, don't remember if I had to option it as such) the ZE2 does not apply at all!!! - LOL. so even though I got the notice I do not need to bring it in for this.

Do your own HW and decide for yourself, but I will not be bothered with it till my next oil change and show them the letter as a double check.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
FWIW, I called FCA and they said it only might occur if you use your key to open it. If you use the FOB it will not happen...

Then I called the dealer and they spoke to the service department and they said if you have an automatic tail gate opener like on the Mojave (mine anyway, don't remember if I had to option it as such) the ZE2 does not apply at all!!! - LOL. so even though I got the notice I do not need to bring it in for this.

Do your own HW and decide for yourself, but I will not be bothered with it till my next oil change and show them the letter as a double check.
Jeez. I just spent 2 trips to a dealer (not the one I normally go to). Once to have them look at it and tell me they needed to order the part, then today to get the part installed only for the tech to come in and tell the service advisor that the recall is only for manual lock tailgates! PIA all the way around.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Has anyone here actually had an issue with theirs jamming? Just got the notice today, or maybe just noticed the notice today lol. I have TWO 8 day trips back to back starting in little over a week and dont really have time to get this done before then so wondering how big of a deal it is, or if I risk not being able to get things out of the bed...

Reading the note, I am inclined to think the 'manual lock controller' is referring to the manual key lock/unlock option and using the fob is less likely to cause an issue, but wondering if anyone has actually experienced any problems yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rusty PW

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Has anyone here actually had an issue with theirs jamming? Just got the notice today, or maybe just noticed the notice today lol. I have TWO 8 day trips back to back starting in little over a week and dont really have time to get this done before then so wondering how big of a deal it is, or if I risk not being able to get things out of the bed...

Reading the note, I am inclined to think the 'manual lock controller' is referring to the manual key lock/unlock option and using the fob is less likely to cause an issue, but wondering if anyone has actually experienced any problems yet.
I had no idea about any issues with the lock until I got the recall notice. Don't know of anyone until the recall was posted.

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
Can you guys confirm if the power locking tail gate works after the recall?

OP
OP
Rusty PW

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
So I got this recall done 2-3 months ago. I recently noticed my tailgate wasn't locking. I opened up the tailgate and the technicians just removed the motor and zipped tied the harness.

WTF Dodge!!! My tailgate hasn't been locking for 3 months and these Aholes lied to me
Sponsored