Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, E300

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Has anyone installed one of these? Like many others here, I've been waiting for more details on the Maximus-3 Overland rack, but now that I've noticed this one, I am very intrigued by it as well.

There doesn't seem to be much info about this rack on the webz, so anything an owner could share would be welcome! I'm especially interested in seeing pictures of this rack carrying a tent which the zroadz website is lacking...

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
I like this rack too. I've searched the inter webs and can't seem to find a weight on this rack. That's a pretty important data point. If it also had one of those swinging doors on the back of the rack, it would be a pretty good solution to bed security too.

Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not ready to implement my overland setup yet. However, I'm in exactly the same boat. When I'm ready, it's the Maximus-3 or the Zroadz for the same reasons. Timeline for me is 2021 though.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Man that looks pretty good,but im still waiting on the maximus 3 bed rack to come out :D

mikeatsnu

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the Zroadz rack. I didn’t see a reply on anyone else having it yet? Trying to also figure what type of tent for a family of 5. Been using a few different ground tents the past few years.

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was very close to ordering the ZROADZ rack but it turns out that it is not compatible with the Trail Rail system and that is currently a deal-killer for me.

Not only does it not mount to the Trail Rail, but the rail must be removed in order to mount the rack. This is what their customer service rep told me:

The Access rack mounts to the bed rails with an incorporated clamping system and will not work with the factory track system. You will have to remove the track system to make to mount our rack and we do not have anything in the works as of right now to adapt the rack to the factory track system. All the mounting points on top of the rack are universal so you can adapt any accessories or overland tents which they provide the mounts and mounting hardware. On the swing gates of the rack they have specific hole patterns for the Roto-Pax mounts. We do not have any of our own accessories or mounts ready for release yet

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
ouch. good follow up. That's a dealbreaker for me. I'm back to a custom rack that operates like the zroadz rack that will install on top of a diamond back. Too bad.

Sponsored

NorthEast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I was very close to ordering the ZROADZ rack but it turns out that it is not compatible with the Trail Rail system and that is currently a deal-killer for me.

Not only does it not mount to the Trail Rail, but the rail must be removed in order to mount the rack. This is what their customer service rep told me:
They really should offer an option to mount to the factory rail system even if it would require different brackets. It’s a nice rack but they should re-consider their decision to exclude customers that have the rails.

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I convinced myself that having those side access doors would outweigh losing the Trail Rail and ordered one of these racks. It was supposed to be delivered next week. However, I received this message from their customer service rep earlier today:

I did just find out that we are engineering a new rail system that will allow you to tie into the factory track system in the bed and it is in R&D now. The revised version of the bedrails will not interfere with the factory track system and you can purchase an additional hardware kit to tie into the track system instead of clamping to the bedrails. We will have the revised overland rack ready for release within 30 days with the track system option. Please check back with us in a month if you are still in the market for this rack.
So my order is being delayed... I'll update this thread once I have more info about the rack.

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I received my rack, or at least most of it... I still don't have the parts that let it mount to the Trail Rail, but I have the rest of it. At least now I can get some measurements that I haven't been able to get from ZROADZ!

The rack came in two boxes with a combined shipping weight of 163 lbs (one of them was 125 lbs). Each piece was bubble wrapped and the box was filled with spray foam. It seemed pretty well packed, but there were a couple of small dings.

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack IMG_9950

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack IMG_9951

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack IMG_9952

Assembly was pretty easy and I think it took a little less than two hours.

In this picture it's just resting on some cardboard since I don't have the correct mounting hardware yet. Apparently that will replace the horizontal rails at the bottom of the rack. (Which are, luckily, the last parts to install so should be easy to replace.)

Jeep Gladiator ZroadZ Rack IMG_9955

I'm pretty happy with the quality and size of the rack. I'm 6'3" and was a bit concerned that the side doors might not be tall enough for me to use comfortably, but I think they're going to be fine.

If you're considering getting one of these, feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I received my rack, or at least most of it... I still don't have the parts that let it mount to the Trail Rail, but I have the rest of it. At least now I can get some measurements that I haven't been able to get from ZROADZ!

The rack came in two boxes with a combined shipping weight of 163 lbs (one of them was 125 lbs). Each piece was bubble wrapped and the box was filled with spray foam. It seemed pretty well packed, but there were a couple of small dings.

Assembly was pretty easy and I think it took a little less than two hours.

In this picture it's just resting on some cardboard since I don't have the correct mounting hardware yet. Apparently that will replace the horizontal rails at the bottom of the rack. (Which are, luckily, the last parts to install so should be easy to replace.)

I'm pretty happy with the quality and size of the rack. I'm 6'3" and was a bit concerned that the side doors might not be tall enough for me to use comfortably, but I think they're going to be fine.

If you're considering getting one of these, feel free to ask me any questions you might have.
Looks great. How to the side doors stay open? I don't see any pneumatic arms. Are they spring assisted? How easy do you think they'll to open once you start mounting things to them (rotopax, hilift, etc.)?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Whoa. The way the sides lift answers a nagging issue I have with getting a bed rack... how to open the tonneau cover.
Sponsored