Sponsored

Recent content by Lochsa

  1. On 35” transmission rarely uses 8th gear

    Just did a cross country from California to North Carolina and back currently running Falken WildpeakATW4s (heavy) in the 35 x11.5 x 17 variety. I have added a bit of weight with a Warn Winch, Rockslide Engineering Step Sliders with the slider skid, a Yakima Rack and a tonneau. I was pulling a...
  2. Early Lifter Failure Diagnosis Using Oil Analysis ? 2023 Mojave With 18,800 miles.

    I think oil analysis is a good tool, but I will say on the JK, the followers were either good or bad. Once the follower went a tick is heard and cam shaft wear begins. I also had a 2014 JKU. I was up in Oregon, was outside of the vehicle and heard the second the tick began. I was able to...
  3. Early Lifter Failure Diagnosis Using Oil Analysis ? 2023 Mojave With 18,800 miles.

    I would save my money on the oil analysis. Check the pleats in the oil filter every oil change, get a magnetic oil drain plug, and listen with your ear.
  4. Gladiator stuck at dealership for 75 days

    Lemon Law really does not work like that. The key is to continue to work with the dealer, do not mention to them that you are in contact with a lawyer, they will never know. The dealer has no skin in the game when it comes to lemon law issues. The case is handled entirely by Stellantis...
  5. Gladiator stuck at dealership for 75 days

    Lemon Law and a different dealer. You are in California and the Lemon Law rules are very clear and effective. I went through this last year with cam related issues. My Jeep has been in the shop in the first year of ownership for around 90 days. In the end because I like the Gladiator so...
  6. Your favorite folding camp chair....

    Nemo Stargazer, just back from two weeks in Idaho with this chair. It was an early Father's Day gift. Pros: Easy to set up, light weight but durable construction, most comfortable chair I have ever had, recline feature, easy to pack up, small foot print when packed up, lifetime warranty...
  7. Another One Bites The Dust - Tick Of Death

    The first dealer I went to did not change the oil either which I found crazy. I ended going to another dealer for further repairs including another cam. This dealer changed the oil and said they flushed it. After 2500 miles, I checked the oil filter and there was quite a bit of metal in the...
  8. Another One Bites The Dust - Tick Of Death

    Jeep really needs to get their shit together. I been through this starting at 500 miles. So far with 12000 miles of ownership it has gone through two cam shafts, thee banks of lifter/rockers, three cam phasers, timing chains and guides. It is finally quiet, but tons of metal still in the oil...
  9. Americas Most Wanted 4x4 425 Swap in California

    Subscribed. My 3.6 is full of metal from chewed cams. If I could do this in California I would. Wish there was a way.
  10. Warranty - Long Block Replacement

    Did they give you a final diagnosis for the need for long block replacement? Did they find metal in the oil control valve? I went through a similar thing last summer into fall. I have a 2024 Rubicon X purchased new in January of 2025. Ticking probably started at 500 miles. I didn't take it...
  11. Longer OE type LCA bolts to work with Rock Hard LCA skids?

    I just ran these a little tighter with my impact. I could use the impact on the nut side with all the bolts with the exception of the rear lower frame side passenger control arm due to the gas skid being in the way. The front driver axle side lower skid is also a little tough because of the...
  12. Longer OE type LCA bolts to work with Rock Hard LCA skids?

    Mine is also the same way. I bought my skids last year in March and all of the bolts I received were the right size. I have a Ryobi 1/2 inch brushless that does 600 breakaway and 450 fastening.
  13. Longer OE type LCA bolts to work with Rock Hard LCA skids?

    My Torque Wrench is a 3/4 inch Pittsburg (harbor freight), it is brand new, but have not had it calibrated. Given the force I have to use to get to 210 ft-lbs I imagine it is ball park, but can't be sure as it has not been professionally calibrated. I was thinking the same thing, since you did...
  14. Longer OE type LCA bolts to work with Rock Hard LCA skids?

    I think it is in the front lowers primarily, but would not be able to tell exactly until I remove the fronts and see if the rears are also "clunking". The design of the skid wraps around the factory bracket making it difficult to get enough force to clamp the bushing on the control arm. The...
  15. Longer OE type LCA bolts to work with Rock Hard LCA skids?

    I have the front axle side lower control arm skids, the rear axle side lower control arm skids, and the rear frame side lower control arms skids. What are you guys torquing these to? I have done 210 foot/lbs, but still can't get enough compression to eliminate clunking on the Rock Hard 4x4...




Top