GobiGladiator1

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hey Gobi any updates to this

did the dealer flash the new radio with the vin? did it cost anything?
is the 2nd USB still only charging not carplay (same for me)

how did you get xm/guardian to work?
keeps failing for me

tia
So no go on the connected services. I was told the 2nd USB port charging only was part of the last update. Everything else works. I think I’d probably need a different harness for the connected services to work, I can activate it but the commands don’t trigger anything in the vehicle. I haven’t tried the WiFi trial yet though. At this point for the price I paid I’m content with everything. I never really planned on paying yearly for the app anyway.

The dealer didn’t end up flashing anything.
Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Just did the swap and install. Man, that mounting and wiring for the satellite antenna was a bitch! Doing a sleep state right now then hopefully it'll all be working. If it wasn't for the antenna install this would have been a super easy swap.

xs2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Did any of yours start up as Chrysler?

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I want to replace my 7", but at the price of a 8.4" pull, I think I'll go with the Stinger.....

EmmittFitzhume

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Just did the swap and install. Man, that mounting and wiring for the satellite antenna was a bitch! Doing a sleep state right now then hopefully it'll all be working. If it wasn't for the antenna install this would have been a super easy swap.
@pacificoflyr any lessons learned on that antenna install? Considering this switch as well and it just seems like a lot of pulling trim pieces off…is that the main pain or some other surprises?

Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
@pacificoflyr any lessons learned on that antenna install? Considering this switch as well and it just seems like a lot of pulling trim pieces off…is that the main pain or some other surprises?
Hey there!

Not going to lie, it did suck. Lots of zip ties once you get the antenna on. I was told the wire ran down the drivers side panels by the seat belt where your left shoulder would be. When I took that side apart, there were no wires there at all and it turns out the wires were ran down the passenger side pillar. For the actual mounting, it only goes in one way if I remember correctly, and getting to the bottom nuts was a bit of a task, but the more panels you remove the easier it is. Then running it down the pillar, just be careful not to zip tie or run it close to where the moving parts are for the seat belt / inertial reel. From there, forward along the floor / preexisting wires to the floor area of the passenger side, up into the back of the dash / glove box, then into the radio.

Hope this helps a bit!

EmmittFitzhume

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hey there!

Not going to lie, it did suck. Lots of zip ties once you get the antenna on. I was told the wire ran down the drivers side panels by the seat belt where your left shoulder would be. When I took that side apart, there were no wires there at all and it turns out the wires were ran down the passenger side pillar. For the actual mounting, it only goes in one way if I remember correctly, and getting to the bottom nuts was a bit of a task, but the more panels you remove the easier it is. Then running it down the pillar, just be careful not to zip tie or run it close to where the moving parts are for the seat belt / inertial reel. From there, forward along the floor / preexisting wires to the floor area of the passenger side, up into the back of the dash / glove box, then into the radio.

Hope this helps a bit!
Thanks! I’ll keep this for when I get around to doing it. So many competing JT priorities.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Hey, not associated with them, but did order through Nismopar.com, very happy with the experience. Shipped out next day

They set the 8.4” up for my VIN, and was a simple unplug 5” and plug in 8.4”. I already had the XM option on the 5”, so didn’t need the antenna ($95).

Everything is working like it should (nav, XM, CarPlay, backup cam), and I enabled the off road pages with my Tazer mini.

Very nice upgrade!

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Hey, not associated with them, but did order through Nismopar.com, very happy with the experience. Shipped out next day

They set the 8.4” up for my VIN, and was a simple unplug 5” and plug in 8.4”. I already had the XM option on the 5”, so didn’t need the antenna ($95).

Everything is working like it should (nav, XM, CarPlay, backup cam), and I enabled the off road pages with my Tazer mini.

Very nice upgrade!
I second Nismopar, great guys down there.
Sponsored