Sponsored

A better soft top

First Name
Sin Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Jeep Gladiator 1977 J10 Honcho
Can you tell me if you fine folks are in works to build a better after market soft top? If possible it would be nice to have one that’s at down on the bed instead of bunched up in the back like the factory one.
Sponsored

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon edition
I'm also loooking forward to your version of the JT soft top.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I heard back from Bestop that they don’t have plans for anything at this time. I broke down and bought a NIB soft top off of FB market place. Overall happy with it.

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
In Feb when i was down at their warehouse sale, their Marketing Mgr said they were just finalizing it (doing wind tests, etc) but when i emailed their support yesterday the lady there also said "We have our Sunrider for Hardtop for the Gladiator however there are no plans to come out with a full soft top for the Gladiator. " :(

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'll resurrect this thread to say that I'd love to have a top like the jk, with fold down frame bars that would put the soft top down behind the rear window area and rest on the top of the bed.

While the new jl style top is nice, especially the safari configuration you can put it in, when completely down it changes the look of the jeep in way that takes away from the traditional look. Its as if the manufacturer is catering to someone that doesn't necessarily care about the big folded up pouch hanging up in the back, as long as its convenient.

Sponsored

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
same here, just posted a question in exterior mods forum; I don't like the factory soft top as it only folds back to basically the sunrider position; something that will at least go down fully resting on the tonneau or in the bed would be an instant purchase!

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Ditto for a soft top that folds down in a proper way. I wanted a soft top JT SOOO bad, until I saw the half assed folding mechanism, and decided to just do a hard top until the aftermarket designs a proper soft top.

The top needs to fold all the way down into the bed.
Sponsored