m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Bestop Element Enclosures and Twill uppers on my JT. Still needs some final touches /weatherstripping Check it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Original tube door install

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
How do you like them 2 months later? Seems like the core doors are not coming so considering a set of these.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like them 2 months later? Seems like the core doors are not coming so considering a set of these.
They work pretty well. I like them. Just took them off and put factory doors on to get ready for fall. I got a bag for the uppers to put in the bed in case of bad weather. The doors stay pretty dry if you adjust them properly and don’t trim any of the weather strip(it hangs over the door but it works well). I wish you could take the steel panel off quickly for a quick change to tube doors. Might be a future mod.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Installed the Bestop Element Enclosures and Twill uppers on my JT. Still needs some final touches /weatherstripping Check it out.
Question: About how much do these doors weigh (including the tube doors, the Element enclosures, and the twill uppers)? Half as much as the factory full doors? Less? More? I ask because I'd like doors that I can keep in the bed when I'm doorless on overlanding trips that are easy to throw on when it rains. Do you think your new element doors/enclosures/uppers would work well for such a situation? Will they be kinda easy to carry in the bed and throw on quickly? Are they pretty lightweight? Thanks for the video and info!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Question: About how much do these doors weigh (including the tube doors, the Element enclosures, and the twill uppers)? Half as much as the factory full doors? Less? More? I ask because I'd like doors that I can keep in the bed when I'm doorless on overlanding trips that are easy to throw on when it rains. Do you think your new element doors/enclosures/uppers would work well for such a situation? Will they be kinda easy to carry in the bed and throw on quickly? Are they pretty lightweight? Thanks for the video and info!
They aren’t super lightweight but definitely lighter than the factory doors and smaller. Could probably make this work. Probably scratch them up if you aren’t careful.
My thought was to get the tubes and uppers and modify a quick removal enclosure (the current design is not easy to remove the steel enclosure panel). Then I could store the enclosures and uppers in the bed and ride with tube doors and open air. Just not sure how to do that. Might need to break out a grinder and cutting wheel to try it out.

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
@Bbannongmu How were they in the rain after you got them tightened up last year?I’m looking to run these all summer and I’m garage-less. Was hoping for the core doors, but @Bestop has no plans for the JT. My old JK had the full soft doors and never saw the carpet back in it until I sold it.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@Bbannongmu How were they in the rain after you got them tightened up last year?I’m looking to run these all summer and I’m garage-less. Was hoping for the core doors, but @Bestop has no plans for the JT. My old JK had the full soft doors and never saw the carpet back in it until I sold it.
They worked well. I ran them and parked outside all summer. Only water I got is stupid water off the roof when opening the door or if the kid’s didn’t close the door all the way. I decided to just deal with / live with the extra weatherstrip overlap - glad I did. It seems to work well. I’m debating if I will run these this summer on a road trip from PA to Yellowstone… they are a bit loud at 80mph.

Check it out.
Sponsored

Reactions: JKJ