Any decent service Dept in St. Louis area

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
Anyone know of a decent service dept. in the St. Louis area? I need to take my JTR in for the, what some might say is, the mythical "loose steering." I called a Jeep dealer closest to me and already got the "its just a Jeep and that's how they are" over the phone with only just describing the issue and not even seeing or driving it in person!

I hate dealership service depts! and already don't want to deal with this. I read on here some that seem to have really understanding and helpful service depts.

Anyone know of one in the St. Louis area?
Sponsored

DonFG

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2017 Can-Am F3 Spyder
Occupation
Email/Service Tech - Gecks Rule!
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from St. Peters! I have been dealing with Lou Fusz for about 20 years. 8 Vehicles in all with them. This is my second Jeep from them. Anyway, they just completed one of the areas largest Jeep showroom/service departments.

Don

Anyone know of a decent service dept. in the St. Louis area? I need to take my JTR in for the, what some might say is, the mythical "loose steering." I called a Jeep dealer closest to me and already got the "its just a Jeep and that's how they are" over the phone with only just describing the issue and not even seeing or driving it in person!

I hate dealership service depts! and already don't want to deal with this. I read on here some that seem to have really understanding and helpful service depts.

llo

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

I also bought current Jeep from Lou Fusz in O’fallon MO and have had its service there as well. Seem to be pretty good. Only had routine maintenance done. No big issues to deal with. I’ve also bought previous FCA vehicles from Century Dodge in Wentzville area and their service department is really good also. More of a “family/personal” atmosphere.

OP
OP
NateSamJT20

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
Hello from St. Peters! I have been dealing with Lou Fusz for about 20 years. 8 Vehicles in all with them. This is my second Jeep from them. Anyway, they just completed one of the areas largest Jeep showroom/service departments.

Don

llo

Don, glad you had a good experience with Lou Fusz. I unfortunately have not there. Originally was going to buy my Gladiator from them but once it got down to signing everything, they couldn't sell me the one I wanted because it had the recall for driveshaft. Which I had already asked the sales guy if he knew if any of their Gladiators had the recall and he told me that none of theirs did or they would have pulled them from the lot. Then the service dept. wanted $1500 for 2" Mopar lift kit (even though there was/is a 15% off coupon for Mopar) and $1400 to install it!!!

Those things along with a few other things after that, I ended up going to Laura CDJ in Sullivan, MO and got my JTR for $3000 cheaper than the one at LF. But Laura is 109 miles from me and don't want to deal with that

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Don, glad you had a good experience with Lou Fusz. I unfortunately have not there. Originally was going to buy my Gladiator from them but once it got down to signing everything, they couldn't sell me the one I wanted because it had the recall for driveshaft. Which I had already asked the sales guy if he knew if any of their Gladiators had the recall and he told me that none of theirs did or they would have pulled them from the lot. Then the service dept. wanted $1500 for 2" Mopar lift kit (even though there was/is a 15% off coupon for Mopar) and $1400 to install it!!!

Those things along with a few other things after that, I ended up going to Laura CDJ in Sullivan, MO and got my JTR for $3000 cheaper than the one at LF. But Laura is 109 miles from me and don't want to deal with that
I know this thread is getting stale, but I wanted to chide in with my experiences...

1. I bought the JT from Dave Taylor in Ellisville. Why there? I looked at Glendale, and wasn't impressed. I looked at All-Star (I'll give them a different shout-out in a bit), and the salesman was apathetic and kinda a jerk (I noticed he's not there anymore that I've seen). Service and Parts Dept has been fantastic, but it's a bit far. You mentioned the "wheel wander", and the salesman mentioned that when I brought it up after my first week. I've posted elsewhere about that as well. Salesmen DON"T ALWAYS KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON SHOP RELATED! Just an FYI...
2. All-Star on the Rock Rd: My initial experience with their sales staff was crap. However, they are a LOT closer to me than Dave Taylor. I took my car in there to address the wander issue, and cited the service bulletin. They checked it out, ordered the parts, and corrected the issue with no problems. Very friendly and great.
a. As a side note: I was looking for a bed cover. I went into the parts dept here at All Star and asked about the hard tri fold. The parts guy stated that a. their owner had one and the snaps kept breaking, b. wouldn't recommend, c. try the soft vinyl top. They sold me one for $450.00. I'm glad I listened and have been extremely happy with that choice!

Just my nickel's worth (pennys are useless).

Norm Muelleman
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S with mods

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I would stay away from Lou Fusz for anything beyond routine...just my opinion. They just turned me away because my Jeep is "modified"...I have a small 2.5 inch lift, Falcon shocks, and 35s...nothing crazy! Told me it's beyond them at this point...any shop that can't do more than the basics scares me. Most of us can do the basics anyways so why go to a Jeep dealer?

I'm taking mine to Hellbent for some help addressing some steering/tracking issues and have heard great things.
Sponsored