Bestop Gladiator Rubicon Build [SEMA 2019]

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I wonder if Bestop has a legal agreement with FCA that prohibits them from marketing there own soft tops and or trail covers. If so how long do you think it is for. I'm guessing this is why you still see nothing for the JL's also.

I have no idea if they do or not. Just spitballing.
They've had a Trektop NX soft top out for the JL for a bit now. My guess is that once they get up to speed on the OEM ones, then they start producing their own. There might be a non-compete for the first year maybe? ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
They've had a Trektop NX soft top out for the JL for a bit now. My guess is that once they get up to speed on the OEM ones, then they start producing their own. There might be a non-compete for the first year maybe? ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Watched a video last night and the guy at the LEER booth said that the projections for Gladiator sales were low. The sales have well exceeded the initial estimate so I'd guess we'll start seeing way more aftermarket products for the Gladiator next year.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Those Tuffy Bed Boxes are an interesting concept; I don't like how they don't sit flush with the bedrail, but interesting nonetheless. Kinda like RamBoxes for the Gladiator.
I agree, great concept but poor execution. It needs to be more flush to the bed to make it cleaner.

upload_2019-11-7_13-34-4.png

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @BestopTeam surprised not to see the roller sunshade for your Sunrider on the SEMA Gladiator. I know itā€™s supposed be be out soon. I think itā€™s supposed to be out by the end of this year. So why not show it off at SEMA? Love to know. Love to see, Thanks

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Tuffy has a winner there if it can be paired with a good rack and still access all the doors

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Was really hoping for some core doors on this.
I agree, really was hoping for JT/JL core doors. Well that and some kind of mirror mover soluiton as well.

Mitten2Mountains

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
@BestopTeam shared these images before in another thread, or on another forum.... but i can't seem to find any more images.
This setup is exactly what I want for my JTR.

I agree, the Tuffy Box system is awesome... and it must work with Rack systems... and easy to remove.
I would need that to be a Roll Tonneau, or flip and store really well to maximize the bed space that is left after the boxes.
I might only want one side box.... i wonder if that will be available separately, with a matched size Roll Tonneau that can do that too ?

Supertop 4 Truck Downstacked with no top no doors.JPG

Supertop 4 Truck folding with HT3 Hardtop.JPG

Supertop 4 Truck Downstacked with OEM softtop.JPG

Supertop 4 Truck no windows with HT3 Hardtop.JPG

Supertop 4 Truck with Black Hardtop.JPG

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
You canā€™t count on Bestop to put out reliable release dates. Only AEV is worse in the vaporware category.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Those Tuffy Bed Boxes are an interesting concept; I don't like how they don't sit flush with the bedrail, but interesting nonetheless. Kinda like RamBoxes for the Gladiator.
The concept for these are awesome, but the execution at the show was not great. The boxes had trouble opening, poor fit, and they didn't really know what might happen with the center tonneau cover. For a large company I was very unimpressed. If they take the concept seriously it could very useful.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @BestopTeam surprised not to see the roller sunshade for your Sunrider on the SEMA Gladiator. I know itā€™s supposed be be out soon. I think itā€™s supposed to be out by the end of this year. So why not show it off at SEMA? Love to know. Love to see, Thanks
Hi. Time for some full disclosure on a couple of fronts - the Sunshade (for JL and JT) and Core Doors for the JL and JT.

- The retractable sunshade we prototyped for the JL (and was seen in a Quadratec video from our JL Summit in 2018) was an engineering prototype and there are no current plans to bring it to market in 2020.

- We also understand that some would like to see Core Doors for the JL/Gladiator. Given Core Doors were developed for the JK we will be concentrating on that fitment for the majority of 2020. We expect that a fitment for the JL will be produced at some point but we do not have a timeline on when that may happen.

We know that this news isn't what you wanted to hear but, given the number of questions we've been seeing on the forums and knowing our current development and production priorities, we felt that we needed to rip off this band-aid off and be more transparent of what products will be coming and when.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Hi. Time for some full disclosure on a couple of fronts - the Sunshade (for JL and JT) and Core Doors for the JL and JT.

- The retractable sunshade we prototyped for the JL (and was seen in a Quadratec video from our JL Summit in 2018) was an engineering prototype and there are no current plans to bring it to market in 2020.

- We also understand that some would like to see Core Doors for the JL/Gladiator. Given Core Doors were developed for the JK we will be concentrating on that fitment for the majority of 2020. We expect that a fitment for the JL will be produced at some point but we do not have a timeline on when that may happen.

We know that this news isn't what you wanted to hear but, given the number of questions we've been seeing on the forums and knowing our current development and production priorities, we felt that we needed to rip off this band-aid off and be more transparent of what products will be coming and when.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you appreciate the update, I was really hoping for core doors in 2020.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Appreciate that update....though Iā€™m waiting to hear about the topper. I definitely prefer what Iā€™ve seen from you guys to the product from Softopper that doesnā€™t look like it has windows on the sides.

In my dreams you would offer a sort of Trektop Pro style with hard glass and slider windows.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @BestopTeam thanks for your candid reply. Not the news I wanted to hear. Was really looking forward to adding the roller sunshade to my Gladiator. Love the truck, love my Sunrider and plan to keep the truck for many years. I really love the roller sunshade concept. I think it would sell like hot cakes. Love to know if you plan to bring it out for 2021. Thanks to advise. Care to sell me that prototype that you made? Send me a PM if I can buy that one from you.

The retractable sunshade we prototyped for the JL (and was seen in a Quadratec video from our JL Summit in 2018) was an engineering prototype and there are no current plans to bring it to market in 2020.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Mitten2Mountains

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
How much do you think this would cost ?
It's a great idea for sure...I would be interested in the same type of execution!

Appreciate that update....though Iā€™m waiting to hear about the topper. I definitely prefer what Iā€™ve seen from you guys to the product from Softopper that doesnā€™t look like it has windows on the sides.

In my dreams you would offer a sort of Trektop Pro style with hard glass and slider windows.
Sponsored