Sponsored

Clutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee, 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
Set a personal best and perhaps a world record. Had my Sport S 24 hours, with 78 miles (That's right 78, as in less than 100), and it's already in the shop.

1. The clutch pedal sometimes sticks halfway up. Have to lightly tap it to bring it to the full upright position or it will pop up, eventually. (The first time, unexpectedly at 70 mph... you can imagine.)
  2. Engine cut off in traffic at a light as I was moving up. (Still getting used to clutch/accelerator timing.) Would not restart, even with clutch in. Tried three or four times, nothing. Finally started back up.
  3. Later on, Electronic Stop/Start "doesn't work" message came on, along with the idiot light. (Does the same with my Cherokee, meaning battery is not charging it enough to operate it.)
  4. On the way back to the dealer the following day, decided to try out Cruise Control, which said it was also out and needed service.

I'm pretty certain all the electronic issues are tied to the clutch and is probably something simple. What concerns me is the clutch only riding to the halfway point most times. Service has to call Chrysler to find out what's next. Anybody with these kinds of issues?
Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Hey. Mine just started having this issue tonight. 17,350 miles on it. What was the verdict at your dealer?

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
watching...
Sponsored