First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I bought the softopper before having bed rails installed and they sent the appropriate bed clamps. I later installed bed rails and ordered the datin fab rack. I had to remove the softopper in the meantime as the clamps don't work.
What I was wondering was the following:
1. Does the bed rack come with the appropriate clamps? I watched a yt video about the setup and they had to order the right clamps.
2. If not could I source some online or maybe locally somewhere that sells toppers for trucks?
3. Could someone with this setup show me a picture of the right clamps so I can attempt to find them.
Sponsored

MarkH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 08 Land Rover RR, 07 MX5, 62 MGB
Occupation
Tech Manager
Going through the same, although the Datin rack not ordered yet. I have installed the rail and ordered from Softopper the rail clamps to hold it down, they are about $6 each but with shipping it came to around $40 for the 4.

MarkH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 08 Land Rover RR, 07 MX5, 62 MGB
Occupation
Tech Manager

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
Anyone have a link to a video - or pics - of the softopper folding with the Datin rack installed? Do you have to remove the top cross bars?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Anyone have a link to a video - or pics - of the softopper folding with the Datin rack installed? Do you have to remove the top cross bars?
there is a rail that sits on top of the bed. It has 3 mounting spots for each pillar. Everything north of the bed rail part has to come off before you can do anything with the softopper.

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
there is a rail that sits on top of the bed. It has 3 mounting spots for each pillar. Everything north of the bed rail part has to come off before you can do anything with the softopper.
I guess I’ll be skipping the rack then. I still have the Softopper from my Dodge Dakota (not the truck though). It was really nice to put it on when needed and keep it stored the rest of the time.
I’ll be selling the old softopper to help pay for the new one.