Sponsored

Door mirrors and blind spot monitoring stopped working after mirrors removed and replaced

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
Hi all,

I recently had PPF film put on my Gladiator and when I picked it up I got the blind spot monitor inactive warning. Then when I tried to put my
mirrors back to where I like them, they wouldn't move. Both of them. The PPF film place has done Gladiators before and this hasn't
happened. They are going to check it out next week for me.

But has anyone heard of any sequence of plugging side mirrors back in? Like turn on, open door, turn off jeep, plug in mirror, turn jeep on and close door...
Or has anyone heard of anything like this? I'd like to get some info to bring to the guys to help them troubleshoot.

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I believe the mirror control power goes through the harness at the bottom of the door.
If they unplugged those harnesses to do their work there is an issue of pins not being aligned and bending, thus not making contact with proper point.

Or you could be real lucky and they just forgot to plug them back in.

Either way, I'd start at those connection points.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Oh, forgot about the blind spot Nanny thing.

The connections for those are under the cowl pieces, bottom corner of each side of the windshield. I don't know if they draw power through those connections or the harness at bottom of door. I don't have that feature.
Sponsored