bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Over 60 prior. Current 2001 Isuzu Trooper, 2016 BMW 4 series convertible, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow Stingray
Occupation
Real Estate Broker and Yacht Broker, 503-781-9967
Went out to the Jeep this afternoon and discovered Freddy Krueger had a hay day on my non-painted flares. Actually it was a new neighbors cat. Both sides of the truck now have claw marks in them. I don't mind normal wear and tear on my vehicles. I take great care of them while I own them w/ things like mud flaps, all weather mats, etc. This is a business vehicle and I don't see much serious off roading until it gets replaced in about three to five years. Checked Mopar and a set is over $600 and that doesn't include labor to install a new set. Now I am debating something in steal and painted but don't want anything too outlandish/rock crawl look. I would have preferred to not have the cat in the car initially.
Like a good neighbor I went over to the next door neighbors house and announced that I would be putting a trap out and he might want to keep his cat indoors.
Sponsored

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Man that sucks I would be pissed. I’ve had my gladiator about a month and have noticed the fenders seem sensitive. Maybe you could get them vinyl wrapped

OP
OP

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Over 60 prior. Current 2001 Isuzu Trooper, 2016 BMW 4 series convertible, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow Stingray
Occupation
Yeah - the plastic is soft. I have seen many Wrangler w/ pits in them from driving offroad. But this thing had 90 miles on the clock. I'll either get over it, buy another set and leave them in the box or buy something aftermarket that can bolted and painted. Not sure though -
Jeep Gladiator Flares scratched not even 100 miles Flare

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Went out to the Jeep this afternoon and discovered Freddy Krueger had a hay day on my non-painted flares. Actually it was a new neighbors cat. Both sides of the truck now have claw marks in them. I don't mind normal wear and tear on my vehicles. I take great care of them while I own them w/ things like mud flaps, all weather mats, etc. This is a business vehicle and I don't see much serious off roading until it gets replaced in about three to five years. Checked Mopar and a set is over $600 and that doesn't include labor to install a new set. Now I am debating something in steal and painted but don't want anything too outlandish/rock crawl look. I would have preferred to not have the cat in the car initially.
Like a good neighbor I went over to the next door neighbors house and announced that I would be putting a trap out and he might want to keep his cat indoors.
i don't think you are allowed to say something like that about a cat in Portland. I'm surprised they allow Jeeps there.

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Gladiator on order
Occupation
Mechanic
It's unfortunate but cats love the warmer hood during the winter months and our Jeeps have a huge area for them to lay on. Does the jeep fit in the garage? Seems like if your going to want to use it as a business vehicle then perhaps inside will mean fewer washes also. - maybe a trap will solve idk

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
If I may suggest. Some line-x or bullet liner would be a good fix for them. Near the same texture and way more durable while maintaining the black finish.

I am not condoning or making the actions of the cat or the cat’s owner. I highly dislike cats being outside personally and the same goes for dogs not on a leash. A pet belongs on the owners property not the neighbors.

OP
OP

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ll talk to the Line-x dealer and would be happy to use them. Wouldn’t ever need to be concerned with scratches again. I’ll be scheduling an appointment tomorrow for the bed.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll talk to the Line-x dealer and would be happy to use them. Wouldn’t ever need to be concerned with scratches again. I’ll be scheduling an appointment tomorrow for the bed.
Be far cheaper to just spray them during the process of doing the bed. Maybe 40-100 bucks more? Much cheaper than replacing and far more durable as stated earlier. May want to go a tad thinner on the flares than the bed since it really only is for scratch protection.

OP
OP

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Be far cheaper to just spray them during the process of doing the bed. Maybe 40-100 bucks more? Much cheaper than replacing and far more durable as stated earlier. May want to go a tad thinner on the flares than the bed since it really only is for scratch protection.
Agreed!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Try to post a photos after the Line-X or other spray coating. FYI: don't let windshield solvent or dang near anything get on them unless you don't care about it. I didn't leave it on there but splashing when filling up stained it..

Sponsored

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Nudging this to see if anyone has pics of bedlined/ vinyl wrapped fenders (fenders only- I can't afford to do the entire vehicle in either). Mine are taking a beating off road

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
What's for dinner?

Tastes like chicken!
Sponsored