First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Those are cool, I've never seen them before. I've always been a bit leery of doing wiring in my vehicles as I'm always worried about how safe it is in the back of my mind (probably all in my head, but it never shuts up). Those tap terminals seem to be a nifty and easy way to do it.
I hadn’t either, but my father in law always surprises me with some oddity from his tool collection and this was the latest one. Clips were a little hard to clamp into place but nothing significant and still saved quite a bit of time.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I hadn’t either, but my father in law always surprises me with some oddity from his tool collection and this was the latest one. Clips were a little hard to clamp into place but nothing significant and still saved quite a bit of time.
i've used those before. I used a pliers to close the tap, i couldn't do it with just the plastic piece.

i was amazed at age 15 when i first saw these used. They're so awesome. Thought it was semi related. One side grabs wire while the other side strips the insulation. You can also use them in the middle of a wire without cutting it.

71REW-5NlgL._SL1500_.jpg

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
i've used those before. I used a pliers to close the tap, i couldn't do it with just the plastic piece.

i was amazed at age 15 when i first saw these used. They're so awesome. Thought it was semi related. One side grabs wire while the other side strips the insulation. You can also use them in the middle of a wire without cutting it.

71REW-5NlgL._SL1500_.jpg
well that’s a very convenient tool. I’ll add it to my list of things to throw money at, I’m sure it’ll be useful soon

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
well that’s a very convenient tool. I’ll add it to my list of things to throw money at, I’m sure it’ll be useful soon
super convenient to speed strip insulation from the tips of wires. irwin or vice grip aren't the only company that makes one like that too just the first photo on THE GOOGLE.

EDIT: Dang, those have a yellow stopper so you can consistently strip the same length. mine don't do that.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at installing. In a perfect world, I think I want yellow...stay on....but flash won’t turn signal.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Looking at installing. In a perfect world, I think I want yellow...stay on....but flash won’t turn signal.
mine stays on, just tapped into DRL
Sponsored