Installed the Injen Technology CAI (Dry Air Filter): A Review

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I know this may be thought of as a 'waste of money' for some, but hear me out. I've installed CAI's on previous Jeeps and have had great experiences. I've had a few of them on the dyno to make sure it wasn't just my imagination and the power gains were real. Now, back to the JT. About 15 months ago when I purchased my JT, I thought it was a 'no brainer' to do this modification. After a post I made about the K&N product (oiled filter), I was overwhelmed with feedback. I even vetted the feedback with my Jeep dealer (Parts Manager) who is a hardcore auto enthusiast (Jeeps, specifically). After all the input, I decided against the K&N install; Thank you for those who helped me out. Now, I recently was looking at the best reviewed, etc. CAI's for Jeeps and Injen seemed to get some love so I explored. I ended up purchasing their dry air filter CAI and installed it. Some thoughts: First, the housing is far superior to the OEM solution. It's sealed much higher. Not that I need some crazy fording ability, but there's definitely far less chance of water, materials getting in. Second, it's a simple install. It took more time to unbox it. Third, when used with the MagnaFlow exhaust that I have, this thing, not only sounds much better, but it performs much better. The throttle response at, almost, any RPM is far better. I am not suggesting otherworldly gains, but they are there for sure. My test included letting my wife take the JT to work shortly after I did the install. She called me from the office and said "What did you do to the Gladiator? This thing moves and sounds the way it should when we bought it." I just thought I'd share and I know it's not for everyone but I think it's worth the money. It can be found here:

https://injen.com/i-30498666-injen-...JEEP||model=GLADIATOR||submodel=3.6L V6

Enjoy!
Sponsored

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Which Magnaflow specifically did you get?