Installing soft top Rear Window

Wsullivan

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just bought the soft top for my Jeep Gladiator. I can only get the rear window to snap in place on one side. It appears that the fabric is not long enough to snap in the other side. How do I get the other side to snap into place? I look forward to receiving advise.
Also, can you leave the rear window on when you put the soft top down?

Thank you.
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
It's the right size,when new it is very tight.
Leave it in the sun for awhile then try putting it on.
Or you could put your entire truck in the freezer with the rear window at room temperature.
You'll get the same results. šŸ˜†

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I just bought the soft top for my Jeep Gladiator. I can only get the rear window to snap in place on one side. It appears that the fabric is not long enough to snap in the other side. How do I get the other side to snap into place? I look forward to receiving advise.

Thank you.
I just installed my top a couple weeks ago. Itā€™s definitely a pain. I installed it on a cool day and struggled for a long time with that window. As been suggested, let it get warm. It will go on. Once you have it all installed, park it in the sun as much as possible for a few days. Seems to help stretch it a little. The second time I did it, it was a little easier. Iā€™m hoping it gets easier after removing and installing a few times
I donā€™t think you have to remove the window to put the top down. The window is mostly held in by the side pieces and the bottom. The top just sits on the back edge of the roof when open and doesnā€™t seem to effect the window at all. Good luck!

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I put my top down all the time with the window in. Almost 2 years now, no problems.
try installing the window when you are in the sun so everything is a little more flexy. 1st couple times it can be a little stiff and tight. Make sure it is centered evenly before you attach either side.

hivol13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Just did this last weekend. 30 mins in the sun with the top unlatched and folded back (some slack) and the window installed somewhat more easily. Also make sure the window is aligned properly between the guides on the upright post. Mine slipped out of position easily.

No issues with back window in and top open so far. I've read a few posts on these boards where Jeep has stated that you can run with the window in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

Thank you.
This is absolutely normal when new. In 2-3 years you will be saying... remember when my top was super snug and quiet? In a couple years itā€™ll slip on way easier, but will be WAYY louder! Mine is coming up on 2 years and already getting pretty flappy and noisy....

Just appreciate these days while you still have them!

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
The number one rule in automotive upholstery: "The sun is your friend!"
Sponsored