Sponsored

Is posting license plates on the forums a bad idea?

813Jeeper

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, Supercharged sprayed
PI? If you are in the Tampa Bay area I have plenty of work for you.
IF NOT in my area, I need a new PI that does tenant screening. My favorite is to look up their fb profiles. So many tenants disqualified due to stupid shit they do/say on line.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
IF NOT in my area, I need a new PI that does tenant screening. My favorite is to look up their fb profiles. So many tenants disqualified due to stupid shit they do/say on line.
That's >50% of all FB members, isn't it?

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Not reading this entire thread, but when people make fun of others blurring their tags, I just think… then why are they blurred on TV?!? Same concept, no?!?

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anonymity on the internet and anonymity while out and about in public doing your daily life are two different things and is a red herring to compare the two.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
The same people who cover their license plates on the internet mindlessly hand their driver's license over to a minimum wage earner at Harbor Freight so they can scan it into their computer systems forever and ever in order to process their return of a broken Chinese angle grinder.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The same people who cover their license plates on the internet mindlessly hand their driver's license over to a minimum wage earner at Harbor Freight so they can scan it into their computer systems forever and ever in order to process their return of a broken Chinese angle grinder.
Never been asked to do that.............
I've only been asked if I wanted my refund put back on my CC.
Is that some new policy?
They'd have trouble scanning some licenses anyway - when we traveled I made copies of various IDs and found things don't come through on scans or pictures of certain things.
If they want my address, all they need to do is go to the phone listings or any public record and my face is on security cameras anyway, so frankly, they'd gain almost nothing if they did scan my license (but that's one thing I keep in my hand anyway - you can see it but you can't have it, sort of thing)

Anyway, I get your real point - protect that which is otherwise so easily found, while freely passing around stuff not so easily found.
Like the thieves who have been caught after robbing a store because they used their id to buy cigarettes or something just before pulling a gun. Yeah, it's happened.
Clerk says "yeah, I saw his ID - his name is joe smith and he lives on main street".
In one case the crook actually left his ID behind on the counter!
People are people, I guess.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?