First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
This is a very different build, but one that I personally wanted, but it wasn't available, so now I am building it with some help from some industry professionals.

I have a family, and need 7 seats, and have done the Teraflex 3rd row kit on a JK with some additional safety upgrades, and it was great, but has some drawbacks. So with that as a base line, I decided to convert a Gladiator over to be a Wagoneer. I know there is a new Jeep Wagoneer on its way, but I see that as more of a re-badged Durango than an off road Jeep adventure vehicle.

The first step I took was to start with a Photoshop render and work out how I would want a Jeep Overland vehicle to be, and what equipment I want on it, in order to be a great overland vehicle for 2-3 day trips.

I came up with the following ideals in addition to the expansion of the cab:
1. Mopar 2" Lift- Too keep the mass low and road manners good
2. 37" Falken tires- Quiet, and aggressive enough to get almost anywhere.
3. Falcon 3.3 adaptive shocks- want great on and off road behavior
4. Black Rhino Wheels with a heavy duty build
5. OEM JLU Interior roll cage- I want this to look OEM when its done
6. OEM JL seats for 3rd row
7. Winch- Still not sure who's maybe a Warn
8. Under body aluminum Skid plates - Still not sure what systems to use yet.
9. On Board water storage - still in design, but pressurized will be key.
10. Adaptable one touch power roof to allow the truck part of the design to be used. This will allow future roof top designs for accessibility, as well as a system for using cots for sleeping, rather than a roof top system that is carried above the vehicle. Still working through that design as well.

upload_2020-3-25_16-43-49.png

upload_2020-3-25_17-1-4.png

I will be posting progress on the project as it develops. I hope I can get some insights from the group here as the project progresses.

View attachment 68506
Bringing that many people takes the fun out of it. Like going on a vacation in a group nobody can decide where to go with too many opinions standing on the aide walk. so you just go eat and go back to the hotel .
Sponsored