Sponsored

JT Back Rack

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So early on I saw a JT with a back rack. I have run them on most of my trucks over the years for multiple reasons, however was up in the air on the JT. When i saw the other one it got me wondering. Using the parts he mentioned I finally ordered. This weekend i had a little timeso went to work seeing how it would fit. It is not on or complete but here is the concept. I need to redrill the base mounts and cut and weld some stuff but the plan is to be complete bolt on with factory holes.

Here are a few pictures of it while fitting and marking. The rack is for a Chevy Colorado and is the 15010. The brackets are actually for a Tundra and are the 50327. They are not even close to fitting but a good platform to start with. It is directly over the bed rail and the top will still unfold and fit well. I have not tried to remove back window yet as the mount was not bolted.

6quR5krjW6LVFENlEOiJHmcjA2lHHclm2c7UGv_NHSg8MQR1focM7fYcx1mYej_JhTJ7P1lL1kq1hEoBE=w1358-h1018-no.jpg

Td_VSCWUNDVhJHYvbsbWR003TJpUwEZVIhJeQlcLgQHz9VUH_HY_aPGC8B2IESy9Tu_dsKhPXwqWxyPgd=w1358-h1018-no.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I love it. I added a few small items to mine but all in all same as pics above. cover rolls up and sets flat on the supports when needed, although did need to extend the straps to hold it in place. I'll be honest I never went back and cut and welded the brackets. I still mount via a 1 1/2" spacer on my trail system (not mopar rail-used black unistrut) and it is sold. I wouldn't own a soft top without one.

Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a soft top. Any issues putting the top down?

Any issues putting the soft rear window back in? Thats a pain in the neck on a good day for me. Does the rack make it harder?

OP
OP

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Does not affect the top at all. I have never removed the rear window. Guessing it will make it challenging but not sure.
Sponsored