Sponsored

LED Headlight/Halos/Directionals Gremlin

atanchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Gladiator
I'm new so hope this makes sense.

I had a 2020 Willys JT and I added a set of fine Chinese 7" LED headlights and fog lights with halos. They worked great. White halos on all 4 act as DRLs and Yellow halos when turn signals are on. Life was good.

I upgraded to a 2023 Willys JT and tried to do it again, but this time I got a 9" set from LED Warehouse with same features as previous. Headlights work great. Fog lights work great. Left turn signal shows both yellow halos and OEM blinker on fender. Right turn signal blinks twice, goes out and dash turn indicator blinks rapidly. Not good.

DRL halos on headlights and fog lights work - sort of. With light switch on PARKING light setting, they are fine, but with switch on AUTO in broad daylight, halos don't light up even though fender mounted OEM DRLs are illuminated. Ironically, the halos illuminate while the headlights are on but that's a bit of a waste.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP

atanchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Gladiator
SO, here's an update.

My stuff came from LED Factory Mart. Not the most expensive, but not cheap (cost wise). Supplied directions are less than adequate. Watch several YouTube videos if you are an amateur like me.

Headlights: Easy install. High and Low beams work perfectly. True plug and play.

Fog Lights: Work perfectly with supplied wire pig tail. Awkward install. Would be plug and play if you didn't have to splice in the pig tail. At least they supply it.

Daytime Running Light Halos (both headlights and fog lights): Work perfectly NOW because I disconnected them from the truck DRLs and hard wired them to an appropriate fuse (F52) so they come on when the truck is running, as they should. I tried splicing them into the power wire at the left/right DRLs but that did not work out well for me.

Turn signal yellow halo (headlights and fog lights): Works perfectly NOW despite having to splice the power wire on the right because the recommended crimp connectors severed the wire while trouble shooting. I have no idea why the right turn signal didn't work to first 3 times I connected it. At least it's OK now.

Perhaps LEDs have a negative effect on the digital power load of new trucks. Halogen vs LEDs is apparently very sensitive. Reprogramming computer might be required. I don't have a Jscan or TZER to make adjustments.

Bottom line is, everything works and I can see at night 10 time better than Halogens.

BHicks93

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
SO, here's an update.

My stuff came from LED Factory Mart. Not the most expensive, but not cheap (cost wise). Supplied directions are less than adequate. Watch several YouTube videos if you are an amateur like me.

Headlights: Easy install. High and Low beams work perfectly. True plug and play.

Fog Lights: Work perfectly with supplied wire pig tail. Awkward install. Would be plug and play if you didn't have to splice in the pig tail. At least they supply it.

Daytime Running Light Halos (both headlights and fog lights): Work perfectly NOW because I disconnected them from the truck DRLs and hard wired them to an appropriate fuse (F52) so they come on when the truck is running, as they should. I tried splicing them into the power wire at the left/right DRLs but that did not work out well for me.

Turn signal yellow halo (headlights and fog lights): Works perfectly NOW despite having to splice the power wire on the right because the recommended crimp connectors severed the wire while trouble shooting. I have no idea why the right turn signal didn't work to first 3 times I connected it. At least it's OK now.

Perhaps LEDs have a negative effect on the digital power load of new trucks. Halogen vs LEDs is apparently very sensitive. Reprogramming computer might be required. I don't have a Jscan or TZER to make adjustments.

Bottom line is, everything works and I can see at night 10 time better than Halogens.
I got fog lights from them too. How did you spice into the pigtail? Mine won’t fit the factory plugs. They are now plug and play. Did you use a adaptor?

OP
OP

atanchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Gladiator
I didn't use an adapter. I just tapped into the existing fog light wires with pinch clips. I agree that the fog lights are definitely plug and play.

OP
OP

atanchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Gladiator
I meant definitely NOT plug and play. Sorry. I don't type very well.
Sponsored