Sponsored

Looking to borrow a Tazer [Ann Arbor/Detroit]

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow, '19 Grand Cherokee
I recently upgraded my head unit from the 5" to 7" display and with it, the climate panel - but the climate won't work (all the buttons work but the fan won't blow any air) and I assume the computer just needs to be flashed to show the change. Rather than shelling out the money for a tazer to fix this I'm hoping there is somebody in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area with a tazer that might be able to help me out. I'll bring you a 6pack of your favorite beer as thanks!
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
It won't work. The tazer deletes everything ones you unmarry it. It only works on one vehicle at a time. It can't be used on more than one vehicle without unmarrying the first one.

Try Jscan or alfaobd

OP
OP
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow, '19 Grand Cherokee
It won't work. The tazer deletes everything ones you unmarry it. It only works on one vehicle at a time. It can't be used on more than one vehicle without unmarrying the first one.

Try Jscan or alfaobd
I was under the impression that as long as you weren't using the live features that the computer would remember the changes made. My understanding is that's how you can plug it in and make changes to things like tire size/axel ratio and then unplug it.

Edit: That being said - if the Tazer can't do it and the Jscan or alfaobd can...I'd be willing to offer the same reward to someone who has one of those that's willing to help haha. I'm not picky...just hoping to have a working AC and volume knob in the truck.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression that as long as you weren't using the live features that the computer would remember the changes made. My understanding is that's how you can plug it in and make changes to things like tire size/axel ratio and then unplug it.
Nope, you can't make changes at all without marrying it. I have one, and would let you use it if possible. A tazer lite is a lot cheaper than a full tazer (and you can buy a license to full tazer of you want). But for simple changes, Alfa or jscan are far cheaper.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think jscan is only $20 plus the price of a security dongle. Maybe $50 total.
Sponsored