Sponsored

Mopar 2" lift worth the $ to keep warranty?

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
the first month or so I really stood behind my decision to do the mopar... and I probably would again, but only because the dealer installed it without charging me for labor as part of my purchase deal. Other than that, I wouldn't go with the mopar again.

Why?
1.) you can get a better kit for the money. Look at rusty's or clayton. I very much wish I would have gone with the Rusty's kit instead and had it installed at a jeep aftermarket garage.
2.) From my experience, it doesn't matter whether your kit is mopar or another brand at many of these dealerships. They will blame your problems on your kit even if its mopar and try to get you to buy more stuff from them and have them install it.
3.) I don't really trust dealership service to install lifts. I know they have master techs, but I would be much more comfortable having someone install it who works exclusively installing jeep suspension.

Another thing: for sure get a track bar and stabilizer if you go mopar. I regret not doing it up front. Also if you want to get rid of the factory rake go daystar spacer in the front.

These are basically all of my takeaways after a month of running the mopar kit. Hope its helpful!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I don't think there is ANY case where it's worth it. You can lift the Jeep for $200 or less using coil spacers and get the exact same performance and look. I've seen people beat the piss out of Jeeps in Moab with spacer lifts. Why anybody would spend over $2,000 for a 2" lift kit is beyond me.
You mean like leveling blocks? I wouldn't think that would be the same performance as adding in new springs and shocks (as well as beefing up other components)