First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Superhero
Hello, I am new to this forum and really excited about being here. I live in the lake Michigan region, and as you all know we tend to get a lot of snow.

I have recently purchased a Jeep Gladiator Mojave edition, and so far after doing some homework on this vehicle it really seems like a good choice.

But my question is; even though it is desert rated, how will this specific Gladiator do in the snow and ice. The vehicle comes with; Faulkin WildPeaks
33ā€“Inch LT285/70R17C Mudā€“Terrain Tires

All responses are welcome. Thank you all for your time, take care and stay safe, cheers
Sponsored

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hello, I am new to this forum and really excited about being here. I live in the lake Michigan region, and as you all know we tend to get a lot of snow.

I have recently purchased a Jeep Gladiator Mojave edition, and so far after doing some homework on this vehicle it really seems like a good choice.

But my question is; even though it is desert rated, how will this specific Gladiator do in the snow and ice. The vehicle comes with; Faulkin WildPeaks
33ā€“Inch LT285/70R17C Mudā€“Terrain Tires

All responses are welcome. Thank you all for your time, take care and stay safe, cheers
If you want to improve traction in snow and ice (acceleration, braking, and cornering) you should run a dedicated winter tire. A true winter tire is vastly superior to any kind of AT, MT, or street tire. Thatā€™s not my opinion, it is proven by every tire company/tire tester in the world. My preference is Nokian. They make 33s and 35s. I suggest the LT3, but they make other winter tires too (both studded and non-studded). Check your state laws for restrictions on studded tires before purchase. Other people swear by Blizzaks but I donā€™t know if they make 33s or 35s. Blizzaks are awesome the first winter - maybe two - but then the really sticky rubber is worn, and performance declines. There are other winter tires. Google ā€œwinter tire reviewā€ and you can read up on ā€˜em. With winter tires the Mojave will be awesome!

NOTE: whether or not it makes sense for you to buy a set of winter tires depends on how much you drive on snow & ice.

OP
OP
Danny gladiator
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Superhero
If you want to improve traction in snow and ice (acceleration, braking, and cornering) you should run a dedicated winter tire. A true winter tire is vastly superior to any kind of AT, MT, or street tire. Thatā€™s not my opinion, it is proven by every tire company/tire tester in the world. My preference is Nokian. They make 33s and 35s. I suggest the LT3, but they make other winter tires too (both studded and non-studded). Check your state laws for restrictions on studded tires before purchase. Other people swear by Blizzaks but I donā€™t know if they make 33s or 35s. Blizzaks are awesome the first winter - maybe two - but then the really sticky rubber is worn, and performance declines. There are other winter tires. Google ā€œwinter tire reviewā€ and you can read up on ā€˜em. With winter tires the Mojave will be awesome!

NOTE: whether or not it makes sense for you to buy a set of winter tires depends on how much you drive on snow & ice.
Thank you so much

Deleted member 24880

Welcome from Auburn. The Glady will do just fine in our crazy ass IN winter. Give it a try this winter and if your not happy then upgrade tires. I do add about 300-400 lbs of sand tubes to the bed each winter for help with traction. Take that beast up to Silver Lake Sand dunes, MI and see what it can do.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome aboard! I would echo StickShifter's post on winter tires - def the best for snow and ice. The problem for me is that even in Colorado (CSprings area), the majority of winter driving is on dry pavement with intermittent instances of wet, snow and ice. I have always been leery of the premature wear on dedicated snow tires when not on snow. I intend to see how it goes on the stock Falken M/Ts this winter and decide for next winter.

Regardless, you're gonna love the Mojave! Seems like it's gonna be an awesome truck. Just had the TSB for steering box completed yesterday and now it drives even better. Take care and good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Danny gladiator
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Superhero
Welcome from Auburn. The Glady will do just fine in our crazy ass IN winter. Give it a try this winter and if your not happy then upgrade tires. I do add about 300-400 lbs of sand tubes to the bed each winter for help with traction. Take that beast up to Silver Lake Sand dunes, MI and see what it can do.
Thank you Bryan G. I really appreciate your input. Cheers man.

OP
OP
Danny gladiator
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Superhero
Over 30 years of driving in snow and in my opinion A/T tires and more specifically the Falken A/T stock tires do extremely well in snow, absolutely no need for a dedicated winter tire when you have 4WD. The only real improvement would be studded tires on icy roads or chains. Snow driving is more about understanding the conditions and driving technique...and watching out for all the crazies out there.
Thanks for that reply JT. I really appreciate it. When I had my Jk back in 2012 I had BFGOODWRENCH TIRES 35's. A/T's. Those were amazing but my mpg took a big hit. But thank you for helping me with this.
Sponsored