Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer

Deleted member 24880

Any opinions on either? With all things being equal, N-Fab even has a rebate currently, so I'm aiming to go that route unless someone has a grand opinion about Rugged Ridge products.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/n-fab...f-steps-textured-black-j1980t/_/R-BKES-J1980T

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rugged-ridge-spartan-nerf-bars-11596-12/_/R-BKMS-11596.12
I purchased mine from Rough Country. They are the same dimensions as the N-Fab but are $50 cheaper. Just another option for you to think about. RC has a new style that is even cheaper yet but a slightly different style.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I purchased mine from Rough Country. They are the same dimensions as the N-Fab but are $50 cheaper. Just another option for you to think about. RC has a new style that is even cheaper yet but a slightly different style.
wow, free shipping even

install says minor drilling... they're not just simply bolt on? also I presume they're powder coated like most the other manufacturers

I checked out that new style that is shipping Dec 9, that looks even better for my taste, interesting...

thanks for the vendor tip!

Deleted member 24880

Yes mine were 100% bolt on. No drilling at all. They are powder coated. The ends of the main tube are both open and at first I wasn’t really excited about that but then I thought I can hose them out better if I get mud or crud up in there. We will see how they hold up but I’m happy with them at this point.

I would probably buy the new style if I hadn’t just bought these myself. For the money either set is worth it.

Sponsored

Deleted member 24880

Ended up ordering those Rough Country contoured drop steps.

img_4542.jpg
How did these turn out? Any pictures? My wife is not liking my current RC nerfs. The actual steps are to far forward for her to get in easily. I measured thinking maybe I installed them on the wrong side but they measured the same from each end. Guess I will be on the hunt for new ones.

OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
How did these turn out? Any pictures? My wife is not liking my current RC nerfs. The actual steps are to far forward for her to get in easily. I measured thinking maybe I installed them on the wrong side but they measured the same from each end. Guess I will be on the hunt for new ones.
I think I’m going to car wash tomorrow (since it will be above 32 degrees) so I’ll take some pictures. Overall I like them, they’re solid and the contour matches the truck. Not sure these will be any different than the other RC ones, I think the step locations are the same. You might be best served by running boards??

Last edited:
OP
OP
saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
CCEC9FD4-830E-49EE-BD26-2DCBFDDF62BF.jpeg
BEC55C0B-6129-43DA-BE63-088644035F7B.jpeg
I think I’m going to car wash tomorrow (since it will be above 32 degrees) so I’ll take some pictures. Overall I like them, they’re solid and the contour matches the truck. Not sure these will be any different than the other RC ones, I think the step locations are the same. You might be best served by running boards??
Sponsored