New “improved” bed tonneau cover?

jefflaur1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Oberland
On my recent acquisition, 2022 Gladiator Overland it came with a tri-fold hard material bed cover. On my 2020 Rubicon it was another type of material (soft cover) Wondering..is the new Mopar cover more or less water tight and is it really an improvement?

thanks!

Jeff
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure and I know you didn't ask but just a suggestion, if you're looking for a solid waterproof solution, Diamondback is the best cover out in my opinion. Finally pulled the triger on one and couldn't be more happier.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Mopar sells both soft and a hard one both are pretty good in rain but not through a car wash and even that is just a little

OP
OP
jefflaur1

jefflaur1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Oberland
This was the Mopar Tri-fold hard tonneau cover. it seems a little more durable than the soft one..and in the heat the soft one is really squishy. looks like about a 900.00 add on. Probably good for now.

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My hard mopar tri fold is great but still leaks. Don’t think they intended it to be water tight though.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This doesn't answer your question about Mopar but mine is a roll up twill from Bestop and it's never leaked a drop as far as I can tell. I go through automatic carwashes too, and completely dry inside.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, another best tonneau cover thread.

Mine is the mopar soft roll-up. Never leaks, wash it with high pressure washes, heavy torrential rains driven by 70 mph winds (twice), whatever - never any water in the bed from the cover (just from the tailgate which doesn't seal at the bottom or sides)
I've washed the truck and then gone home to clean up the black bits better and haven't seen water in the bed of the truck. I'd be confident enough to put luggage back there.

The best cover is whatever cover the person answering happens to have. Count on it. 10 answers, 10 different covers, they are all the best - just ask 'em LOL

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Ah, another best tonneau cover thread.

Mine is the mopar soft roll-up. Never leaks, wash it with high pressure washes, heavy torrential rains driven by 70 mph winds (twice), whatever - never any water in the bed from the cover (just from the tailgate which doesn't seal at the bottom or sides)
I've washed the truck and then gone home to clean up the black bits better and haven't seen water in the bed of the truck. I'd be confident enough to put luggage back there.

The best cover is whatever cover the person answering happens to have. Count on it. 10 answers, 10 different covers, they are all the best - just ask 'em LOL
No sir. You are incorrect. The best cover is the Mopar soft trifold. I know, because I own it. JK and /S
Sponsored