Sponsored

New Mojave picked up 2 weeks ago

phyglenaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS, 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (XJ)
Just sharing . . . been excited to get a new Mojave for a while.

Debated for over a month on whether to find one spec'd out close to what we wanted or have one built to order . . .

Finally found one that was almost exactly what we wanted, but had to drive 600 miles to pick it up.

Mojave in Gray
LED package
TrailCam
Automatic
8.4 Nav
Trailer Tow Package
Cold Weather Package
Active Safety Group
Aux Switch Group
Mud Terrain Tires

Desert Running:
Impressions so far . . . We went out on a desert trail we'd never been on before, and hit 80 mph on a pretty rough desert road, and it was basically almost like driving down the highway . . . very smooth . . . Couple of really rough bumps and little hills slowed us down to maybe 60 mph a few times . . . since the road was new to us, we didn't really know what to expect, but almost caught air one time going over a hill . . . it was AWESOME! This Mojave definitely masters long desert trails with very little effort . . . didn't even engage 4 wheel drive yet . . . we are planning on taking it out this Labor Day weekend to really put it to the test . . .
So far A++

Truck/Hauling:
We've hauled a bunch of stuff back and forth to a project we're working on the past week and a half . . . did really well
So far a Solid A

Highway/MPG:
Highway driving and gas mileage, I'd have to give it a C minus . . . When they say 22 on the highway, they apparently mean 22 mpg driving 65 mph . . . In Texas, on the highway, 93 mph is basic cruising speed on I-10 . . . when we were driving back . . . me in my 2017 Chev. SS Sedan, and my wife in the Gladiator and we switched a few times . . . we tried to settle on about 91 mph . . . Jeep got about 15 mpg (highway) at that speed. Also, 97 top speed limiter . . . EXTREMELY annoying . . . Come On! . . . At LEAST 105!
C-

Of course we knew we weren't buying this thing for long, high speed highway trips obviously, but still, would think it would do a little better than that speed wise, gas mileage wise, and highway handling wise (it was 600 miles of VERY active driving for whoever was driving the Jeep at the moment) . . . I know, I know . . . can't have everything, but still . . . could be better there.

Power:
Definitely agree that it is under powered . . . maybe after warranty will consider engine swap . . .
So far a B-

Features/Fun Factor:
Features / Comforts / Cool/Fun Factor and style seem really good . . . love the console, 8.4 Nav system, Easter Eggs, etc. Gotten a LOT of compliments so far, and more Jeep Waves than ever before
So far a Solid A

Overall, for what we bought it for . . . a solid A so far!

Hope this info is useful to whoever might care
Sponsored