Sponsored

Ok, order experts...I need help (waiting since Dec 13th)

JT-NOOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Guys, I need some help. It seems I have ordered from a clueless dealer, and rather than monitoring my order and making sure it proceeded through the various build restrictions...it is stuck in limbo.

This is a Manual Transmission Rubicon. VIN is 1C6JJTBG7LL183291.

There was info on the forum at one point that the 8.4 without trailcam would be stuck. My dealer claimed that wasn't a problem. I also don't have the LED package, and EVERY successful Rubicon build I see has that option, so I fear that may be part of the problem.

My full option list is as follows:
DEM 6 spd MT
PUA Gobi
HT1 Black Hardtop
AJ1 Safety group
ALP Advanced Safety
AM2 Auxilary switch
AEK 8.4 Radio and Prem. Audio
GXD Proximity key

If anyone can help me understand what is holding this order, and what course of action I should take, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Matt
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
OP
OP

JT-NOOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Yeah, I've tried the chat...and had it escalated...still no info. I think the good dealers are making calls to some inside sources. My dealer, not so much.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've tried the chat...and had it escalated...still no info. I think the good dealers are making calls to some inside sources. My dealer, not so much.
Did they not give you a build status? I ordered a manual rubi with premium audio, aux switches, hard top. No LED, no safety group no trail cam, and it took 2 months order to delivery. Granted...it was last august, and delays/hangups change constantly. it would help to know the current status.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JT-NOOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Insights from Jeepchat:

"Thank you very much, I am showing that at this time your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

"I am not able to see status codes. I can only see that at this time your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

I think that is C status...

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i don't know about dealers having "inside sources" (the vast majority don't). But, I absolutely would be pushing my dealer to figure this out. if they won't...I'd wager the deposit and order somewhere that will. There are several dealers in different areas that have been listed on this forum as having great deals and super easy and efficient to work with.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
That sucks. I ordered mine January 20th and am being told my jeep is built but am either stuck in inspection or waiting for shipping. They won't say. Sounds like I'm in a better spot than you.

OP
OP

JT-NOOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
A little update. The order was on an indefinite pause due to a current quality hold on all manual transmission units. With no timetable, I cancelled the order. I suspect my dealer missed earlier moments when my lack of LED+trailcam+8.4+MT was causing delay. Regardless, I am done with that.

BUT, I found a unicorn gladiator on the lot that was ordered with cloth, advanced safety, and manual transmission. It was ordered in June, and finally built end of Sept. The buyer got tired of waiting, and bought an AT. I flew down to NC yesterday morning and drove it home 400 miles. Very happy to finally have it in the driveway!

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored