First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
So after a few years away I am headed back to Connecticut. I looked up Olde Burnside to find their hours only to find that they have permanently closed. Much sadness......... Ten Penny was my favorite beer. I even had a keg of it shipped (smuggled) to a local bar for my wife's birthday a few years ago.
Olde Burnside was an ice house that opened around the turn of the century (1910-ish). Sad to see a family business like that go. It was pre-covid, it was just time for them to retire.
So, if you find any old dusty bottles in the basement let me know. Until then I will go buy some Belhaven and be sad.
Sponsored

RAMCTFOLEY

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Lots of other good breweries in CT now. I'm not sure where you live but 5 churches and alvarium are great.

OP
OP
AmishMike

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Ahh.. New Britski's finest. Used to love watching the Sox play there.
Now I want a dog from Chef's in Newington! and a beer of course!

We did a Ct. hot dog tour a few years ago. 72 inches of dog, 3 lbs. of toppings in 5 hours. That would be a great Jeep event, 'dogging for dogs' or whatever. Load your pup in the truck and hit the road with a line of Jeeps to go from hot dog joint to hot dog joint and raise money for rescue dogs or something similar. Much safer than a beer crawl, potentially just as messy- chili dogs.....mmmm...
Sponsored