Overland DD Build

Rpesch08

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Hello all. Finally time to introduce my DD Overland Build now that phase one is done! The eventual goal is something that can run anywhere in New England, capable of wheeling but primarily focused on getting to remote campsites in VT and ME with ease.

Started with an Overland because that's the one my wife preferred and 3.73 gears are better than no Gladiator! Was hoping to wheel until I broke something at start there, but the oem street tires weren't going to allow for much fun so first steps got moved up.

Phase 1:
Evo MFG Enforcer 2.5" Stage 1
Falcon 2.1 Shocks
Falken Wildpeak A/T 285/75/18

Decided against trackbars and the control arms as I don't know exactly where this build is headed and it seems like the market with be significantly further along in 12 months in terms of offerings. Icon's Billet Al. adjustable control arms are on the horizon and those would check all the boxes for me. Similarly with the shocks went with falcon over fox because my shop can service them in house if it came to that. Tires were the cheapest option thanks to amazon points, but early days and I am thrilled with the noise level on road. Need to get all of it muddy once runs start happening post corona.

Ride is significantly improved over stock, much more solid and composed. Fuel economy hasn't taken as big of a hit as I expected. Was getting a shade over 20 in stock form and have only dropped to 19 thus far, think it'll settle in the mid 18's, which I'm very happy with. Will spend the summer sorting out my storage and camping gear.

Wish List:
The goal is to eventually have a go-anywhere don't break anything rig (Know that's an oxymoron, but I tend to be fairly mechanically sympathetic so fingers crossed), with a particular focus on weight.

King 2.5 Coilovers and hydraulic bump stops
ARB On board compressor and lockers (Will put in 4.10's when this happens as 35's seem perfect)
RCV CV Axles
Genright ultra clearance stubby front bumper
Warn VR winch
Evo MFG bomber rocker guards
Currie aluminum anti-rock swaybar F&R
PSC Big Bore kit
Steer Smarts Yeti XD tie rod & draglink
Undecided on wheels but will go to 17's to accommodate 35x12.5's
And once it's not my daily an LS!

More to come!

Inkedz4_LI.jpg

Inkedz5_LI.jpg

Z3.jpg
Sponsored

NorthEast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like a good start. The Falcon A/T tires on my Rubicon seem to be quite good so far. They're quiet on the road and seemed to work very well in the snow.